SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:29:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else is hunkering down because of snow?  (Read 26127 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« on: February 04, 2010, 10:55:39 pm »

Made the stop at the store after work today. Schools are closed for tomorrow. Snow is supposed to start tomorrow morning and crank up from there. During the storm just before Christmas we didn't see a plow for 4 or 5 days. We are planning a "You Are Close Enough To Walk" party for Saturday night and already have a good number of people who have agreed to walk to our house. Anyone else around the Mid-Atlantic have plans for the weekend snowstorm?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 11:09:27 pm »

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a week off, I work myself to hard Smiley LOL!

Stay safe if your in the storms path
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 06:15:04 am »

I'll be getting a part of the storm, but not the part you are getting.. Seems as though all the good storms are just to our south this year...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 06:22:18 am »

We (near Baltimore) are expecting about 20".  I got gas for the snowblower yesterday and the wife went to the store.  She had to go to store anyway, but unfortunately it coincided with the rest of the world going.  She waited for 1 hour in the checkout line and even had to go exchange her ice cream while waiting, since it had melted by the time she reached the register.

I love the people around here who buy a year's supply of milk, bread, and toilet paper.  At most, we'll be in for 2 days.  I guess they plan on sitting around, eating bread sandwiches, drinking milk, and pooping the whole time.

I also can get some stuff done on the 110.

Good luck in VA, Dan.  Hope you see a plow a little quicker this time around.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 08:31:24 am »

Yeah, see that's what happened at the end of December. We got about 18" of snow on Saturday, but the plow never came through until Wednesday. Where are you gonna go when there are 18" of snow packed on the road and your only car is a Mustang GT? lol  Time to get a used SUV. Of course, do that and we'll go years without a snowstorm. I'll take pics!

Glascock Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 08:41:34 am »

Good luck to you guys on the East Coast!  Sounds like you are in for quite a storm.  Not much snow here in Michigan unfortunately for the winter sports enthusiasts.

drinking Tim drinking
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:05:10 am »

Damn!   veryangry   We live in the wrong part of the country!   darn   What I wouldn't give for snow like that...or any snow for that matter!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:05:55 am »

You'd think the world was ending with the way the grocery store parking lots looked.  Fortunately I don't have to go into DC for work today, and traffic was nice and light since all the schools are closed.

I have never seen people react to snow like around here, especially growing up in CT and going to school in upstate NY.  Cars just get left in the middle of the road, crashes everywhere.  But I guess thats not too far from a normal traffic day in DC.

Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 09:10:14 am »

Here in Southern Ontario, we've virtually had no snow. Kinda glad I sold 1 of my snowmobiles last year now. Wouldn't have been able to ride.

I've been working soooo hard since Jan. 4th and am finally home for a bit, I think I'll walk to Halehouse's place and party. I'm long over due.

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:27:23 am »

Someone posted on Facebook that they went to the store and got the last onion. THE LAST ONION!

I saw on the Weather Channel that we have had the same amt. of snow to the tenth inch as Cleveland has had this season. This storm should be in our "top 5" biggest.

Glascock Standard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: