SMC Discussion Areas
May 25, 2024, 04:11:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what projects are you working on  (Read 19748 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:20:21 pm »

So what projects are you guys working on ,we saw what Eric's
working on and we saw what G.P. is working on and Johnie G just got to
many to name, And I'm doing the finishing touchs on my Orange Crush.

So what are you guy's working on ?? smile
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:07:27 pm »

I'm getting ready to refinish a bedroom chest and dresser.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:17:38 pm »

Great topic Pat!
I have the glass door and kick plate from the great V-56 RT part out sitting on the bench. Will start the cleaning/polishing of those Sat. Have old buddy's showing up in a couple of weeks. Part of room and board is moving my USS-64 from the shop into the basement. It is apart so shouldn't be too bad.

Scored a bunch of needed parts for my Serro Scotty camper. That will be the next project.

Creighton

Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 09:37:17 pm »

Thanks Creighton I want to get the site moving again,
thing were getting stale.
I forgot  about Kilroy we know he's working on his Jukes
Now we would like to see some photo's some time buddy (please  tounge)
so photo's are welcome to. smile.

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:49:37 pm »

I'm currently trying to get a few video games fixed up.. My Tempest crapped out and I just spent $135 to get the main board rebuilt, and there is something else wrong as well... I was gifted a Millipede that isn't currently working.. I'm also working on a Sega Outrun mini that wasn't working... That is currently limping along.. needs a monitor..darn    and I just shopped out my pin with all new bulbs, rubber, and a good wax.. 

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 10:04:41 pm »

Pat,  Yeah, I promised pics, I'll  post a few in a new thread.  blush
 Project wise ,  I want to finish the Seeburg HF100G, then on to a RT 56 I bought  with plans to  resell after restoring. Waiting in the wings is a V81D, a Pepsi slider,  a Wurly 1015 OMT (45's of course), and  now that I've got my friend  (co-worker and  roadtrip buddy)  hooked, I'll be helping to restore his jukebox, and  helping find a roundtop or squaretop for him.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:33:08 pm »

I'm currently working on several projects. Vendo 39 and another Classic dirtbike. A 1979 Suzuki RM400. This will be my open class race bike for the 3 vintage series that I'm currently racing.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 10:39:48 pm »

Hey Pat,
Where do I begin, I have been restoring seven or eight soda machines, a GE monitor top refrigerator that came from Johnie G, a 1971 Honda motorcycle, five old Volkwagen Beetles, a coca cola marque sign from a theater from down by Detroit, house remoldeling, and I know there are a few more projects but I just can't think of them right know.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 05:38:26 am »

Well I'm finally motoring on with my Jacobs 50. Has only taken two years. The bodywork is all complete and I put power to the electrics for the first time in 40 yrs the other day. The coin and vending mech seem to be working just fine. All that really needs to be sorted now is the re-fridgeration.

Once that has been done I need to decide about my Westy 44... Do I leave it as is. Perfectly respectful or do I do a complete restore. (I know you guys wouldn't bother but a soda machine is a soda machine over here)

I've also restored about 20 vending machinesover the winter and trying to build up a stock to take to some shows to see if I can make a little money.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 10:14:53 am »

Great topic!...
The Nichol Kola, next is the 7up junior, I have a Bennett 700 series pump
pulled apart, a few gumball machines and never finished my barber pole I scored,
what a year ago... where does time go?.... Then there's the back porch/deck, basement
ceiling, you know, stuff I should finish, so I'm gonna be busy, we'll need a “I finally finished it” topic for the end of the summer! biggrin
what else guys?.....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:36:19 pm »

I'm going to be starting to restore the Donkey Kong Junior game that I picked up before Christmas.  I have most of the parts that I need.  Now I need to get some paint, Bondo and sandpaper!  tounge

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 01:59:39 pm »

Boy are we a busy bunch  biggrin.

I forgot I putting the Vernor's back together to
take to Pinball at the Zoo in April to sell  biggrin.

Eric, We really do need that Nichol Kola in the 2009 calandar
 so work real hard on that biggrin  biggrin.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 04:01:54 pm »

Bought a 33 that was on e-bay 20 miles from here. I was going to sell it for parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290204085641&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019

Brought it home and cleaned it up, added a fan motor and it worked too well to
strip it for parts. A can of off-white paint and a few decals later, this machine may
live for another decade.

Glen
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 04:54:04 pm »

Wow everyone is really busy !! I am restoring a Cavalier C-55 2drink. Then its on to the " Daily 32"  project. Great Topic.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »

Heres a few of my projects, I picked up all the powdercoating yesterday, and picked these up today from paint along with 5 cooling units. Randy Mitchell at Nostalgic Restorations did a awesome job on these and is recomended to anyone. Pictures dont do these justice.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 08:26:17 pm »

I'm working on cleaning up my recent Craigslist find.  I have to finish compounding/polishing the cabinet and cleaning out the inside.  I also have to replace the seals and a few decals.  Tonight I will see if I have set the thermostat correctly, as it continually runs.  It has the early one next to the compressor where you turn a screw on top of the black junction box.  I believe I'll keep the paint original for now, but it will benefit from a repaint down the road.  I'm also working on my old house, 1950 Ford truck, and 1998 Boss Shinoda Mustang.  Busy!

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 10:19:46 pm »

I'm finishing up a Wurlitzer 4005, then it's onto the 4004. A seeburg Speak-O-Gram and Marble-Glo. Just speaker projects.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 01:45:12 am »

I've been cleaning up the WB60 I got off Craigslist a while back.
I took the vend motor down to an electric motor shop last week -
I hope they can do something with it?  hopefull

All-in-all I think it is looking pretty good. I have cleaned up the cooling system - everything appears to be working good - original everything cycles between 32 degrees and 40 degrees regularly.
I still have everything attached to main door and the main door to clean up and refurb, so I am a long way from done.

I have found some odd things in machines, but this one has been the oddest overall so far.
1. Found two long dead mice crusted up with all sorts of other stuff in the drain pan - everything was black and I did not realize what they were for a few minutes. I guess they got in there and drowned.
2. I found two .357 mag hollow point bullets under the evap fan all crusted up with calcium deposits.

Some original pics below followed by refurb pics
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:55:09 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:21:59 am »

For me the big push has been my finishing my basement with the occasional gumball machine to tinker with. I have also been doing some work on my Vendo 56RT. I recently got my main door issue solved thanks to Tom and MCarter, thanks guys! I have also sent off for polishing and gotten back my stainless trim for my 56 and it looks great! Bit by bit I'll get it done.

Once the basement is finished, I'll have a little more time to play with toys!  biggrin I'm in the process of priming/painting and running baseboard/finishing trim. At the same time I'm finalizing my flooring choices and will be getting ready for the next big push, the suspended ceiling!

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 08:15:49 am »

Just like Brian, I am currently a slave to my kitchen/back porch restoration.  Tore out the walls, ceiling and floor.  Changed the electric, gas, water, drain, vent, and added duct to the porch.  Installed a pocket door for a pantry.  Drywalled, taped, and painted the ceiling and walls.  Added a drop ceiling to the porch, and finally this weekend started the window and door trim plus installed some of the cabinets and microwave.  Next week maybe the wife will finally get that sink.  I think shes tired of using the bathroom and basement sink.  Well, it beats going down to a creek.

Today I am finally picking up the two Stoner candy machines.

I also have a Northwestern dual nut machine, Perfumatic, Mills 400c, and a Popperette waiting in the wings for restoration.  Plus, four of my games need some maintenance to work properly again.

Too much to do in too little time!! darn
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:49:44 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 10:17:59 am »

Haven't touched much lately as I've been on vacation, but just picking up 3 Vendo 81's from my Painter today (hopefully). He said they should be good to go.... so I'll be busy reassembling all 3 of those, 2 b's and 1 a. Pictures later tonight hopefully.
Many more projects in the wings...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 12:03:35 pm »

Well let's see, just a quick summary, I got in another Faygo transistional, a Coke VMC/VF56Z, a ChoiceVend CV68/single flavor w/lightup Pepsicap, & a SureVend P47/with a pepsi cap, wrapping up a V39 resto & a V23 resto, see, it's been kinda slow lately... Oo
oh & I'm trying to repro the Pepsi Ligtup cap for the CV68...yep. nothing to do around these parts... tounge

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 01:06:51 pm »

Seems like everyone has a lot going on. I am trying to finish my Cole Spa soda cup machine. Hope to have it done this weekend. I will post some pics, when I do.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 07:30:46 pm »

Well it's seam Everyone Is Bussy . Or is it I'm just Lazy  laugh

Anyway I'm still not finishing almost everthing . I still have 2-C-55's E & D Models to Do !  A Calv 64 & A clock or 2 to Clean & Lube A Stoner Gum , Finish the Canteen Gum (Knobs Done Just Need Painting ) And now a Norris Master Gum / Peanut (Below)
I got it at auction last weekend for $190 . I know it was on the high end But I did'nt have to pay shipping And the Other Half like's it . So I'v cleaned it & Glass Blasted the Aluminum & Freed up the locks .Now I just need to Reassemble it After I Polish the window Frames .

WEE  tounge                                               Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 02:49:51 pm »

OK, well this is what I was working on most of the winter....Here are some pics of my MAME arcade I'm 90% done. I ended up building this from scratch when I started looking for some arcade games I wanted. I put together the PC from parts around my work, then got all the arcade parts from some arcade stores online and from old origianl cabinets. The monitor is out of a golden tee game and so is the tracball. I love this thing. The games are the original ROMS so it thinks it's in the original cabinet and asked for quarters and all. There are about 4,000 origianl games. you name it it has it. I still want to get an original but I could't pass up building this for the ones I can't get.

It's also great at parties now. all the kids don't run around. I can put in a bunch of quarters or tokens and 4 of them play for hours.... much more quiet at parties now. We always know where the kids are  biggrin

All and all it cost me close to what it would have been to get a nice original and I have every game. My next one will be the cocktail table.... Once I get done restoring my V81 and 110. Hope you like. All that's left is for me to add all the pinball games ever created  tounge and to program the player two light gun for the gun games.

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 04:49:36 pm »

That looks awesome... wow, 4000 games?!  I had a multi arcade game that I bought locally and had 350 games on it and thought that was a lot... wasn't half as nice as what yours is though...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 05:18:39 pm »

Anyone guess what this will be??
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 05:22:15 pm »

More
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 06:14:46 pm »

lego block dispenser?
Great looking arcade. Need one of those
Creighton
Pat Pixley
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 07:34:19 pm »

Oh boy how about a candy dispenser ?

New projected LaCrosse Pepsi machinewhich will be cool
when done Cool
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 07:59:51 pm »

Ducatihummer... nice game.. congrats.. What are you using to connect the light guns to the pc? Is that a slick Stick controller?

I'm currently working on rebuilding my Tempest monitor.. Its on the bench waiting for time.. Once that is complete, then its off to convert my Millipede to a 60 in 1 multigame.. Then its onto Pole Position.. And a condenser fan in my USS-64. This working stuff really cuts into my hobby time..  darn

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 08:01:00 pm »

lego block dispenser?

Creighton

LMAO @ Creighton...   happydrinkers

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 08:16:04 pm »

Would anyone know what might be wrong with my MsPacman, I leave it on all the time and the other morning, I smelled something burning and I think it was coming from the machine. I un pluged it and aired out the room and had not smelled anything from that day on. I opened up the machine and it didn't smell like anything was burning??? Thanks
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 08:32:01 pm »

Bubba, The light guns are from ActLabs. They have a few differant ones. I wanted them to look like ones that would come on some of the games like Police Trainer. so I went with the blue and red. They are a little expensive though.

The control panel I actually built myself. I found some templates for joysticks and trackball then just placed them where I wanted everything. I actually had to move my spinner. That is why I have those two black 4-ways next to the trackball. I figured that out when it was all together. It's not that easy to play Arkonid with the spinner off to the left  darn so I put in two 4 ways. one is set at 45% for q-bert  biggrin

Tell me about it, this work stuff sucks. I'm in accounting, so not much time for anything at this point. however without work, I guess I wouldn't have any hobbies...

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 08:50:21 pm »

Would anyone know what might be wrong with my MsPacman, I leave it on all the time and the other morning, I smelled something burning and I think it was coming from the machine. I un pluged it and aired out the room and had not smelled anything from that day on. I opened up the machine and it didn't smell like anything was burning??? Thanks

Curtis... Why do you leave it on all the time? You will end up with some pretty bad burn in on the screen, unless it gets used all the time...

Does the game work now and play normal? The smell definitely came from the game? Did it smell electrical burning or wood burning?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 09:02:51 pm »

ducatihummer.. That Qbert joystick on a 45 is a cool idea.. Nice job.. How do you have so many options for inputs?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
TechnoHat

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 06:55:17 am »

The monitor probably went, though it could be the power supply burning up.  If the machine is still working fine it could have just been dust heating up on the components.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 07:02:41 am »

The screen always moves, it never stays still. I'll have to plug it in today and see how it is working. Back later with an up date. Thanks.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:25 am »

This is what I have been doing the last 18 months.  I hope everyone is well.  I will get back into soda machines when I am done.

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2008, 10:05:55 am »

SWEET! Is it a 32? I have always wanted a 32 Ford or something of that era. My Dad and I talked about building me a kit "duce" coupe when I was 15 but the price was more than we could do and I went through that hip hop stage and I wanted a lowrider so we took a beet up 1982 Chevy S-10 and did a complete restoration. It was the nicest piece of s@&t in town.  biggrin Now I really want a 1959 El Camino. I can't wait until I get home. And yes Johnny after seeing yours is what made me want one. I need a truck to pick up machines but with my bad hip I cant get into a big pickup so I figure you can't get cooler than a 1959 El Camino. I may be home next year. Lets hope!!!
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 12:53:38 pm »

Eric:

It is a 1931 5 window Oldsmobile.  I put in a new rebuilt 455 big block Olds motor.  It should be fast as hell when I'm done.  I will keep you posted.  Here is a 1955 Stoner candy machine I am almost done with.

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 08:15:54 pm »

A 31 olds?? Shows what I know doesn't it  biggrin Looks good and nice Stoner too
Pat Pixley
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 08:31:43 pm »

Look s Great And I'm in the heart of Oldsmobile country that would fit right in here.
 The Olds club has a car show every year in downtown Lansing there are some sweet
442's , Hurst old's ,Rally's & other  cool oldsmobile's also.

What you need is some  baby moon's for that,   can't wait to see it done. tounge

OhYeah! the Stoner look great also tounge

bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 01:03:09 pm »

Hi Pat;

Thanks for the love.  I think I will get back into soda machines soon.  I miss the hobby.  The car is fun but it is taking longer then I expected.

Regards,

Brian

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6