SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 06:53:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what projects are you working on  (Read 19915 times)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:36:19 pm »

I'm going to be starting to restore the Donkey Kong Junior game that I picked up before Christmas.  I have most of the parts that I need.  Now I need to get some paint, Bondo and sandpaper!  tounge

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 01:59:39 pm »

Boy are we a busy bunch  biggrin.

I forgot I putting the Vernor's back together to
take to Pinball at the Zoo in April to sell  biggrin.

Eric, We really do need that Nichol Kola in the 2009 calandar
 so work real hard on that biggrin  biggrin.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 04:01:54 pm »

Bought a 33 that was on e-bay 20 miles from here. I was going to sell it for parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290204085641&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019

Brought it home and cleaned it up, added a fan motor and it worked too well to
strip it for parts. A can of off-white paint and a few decals later, this machine may
live for another decade.

Glen
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 04:54:04 pm »

Wow everyone is really busy !! I am restoring a Cavalier C-55 2drink. Then its on to the " Daily 32"  project. Great Topic.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »

Heres a few of my projects, I picked up all the powdercoating yesterday, and picked these up today from paint along with 5 cooling units. Randy Mitchell at Nostalgic Restorations did a awesome job on these and is recomended to anyone. Pictures dont do these justice.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 08:26:17 pm »

I'm working on cleaning up my recent Craigslist find.  I have to finish compounding/polishing the cabinet and cleaning out the inside.  I also have to replace the seals and a few decals.  Tonight I will see if I have set the thermostat correctly, as it continually runs.  It has the early one next to the compressor where you turn a screw on top of the black junction box.  I believe I'll keep the paint original for now, but it will benefit from a repaint down the road.  I'm also working on my old house, 1950 Ford truck, and 1998 Boss Shinoda Mustang.  Busy!

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 10:19:46 pm »

I'm finishing up a Wurlitzer 4005, then it's onto the 4004. A seeburg Speak-O-Gram and Marble-Glo. Just speaker projects.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 01:45:12 am »

I've been cleaning up the WB60 I got off Craigslist a while back.
I took the vend motor down to an electric motor shop last week -
I hope they can do something with it?  hopefull

All-in-all I think it is looking pretty good. I have cleaned up the cooling system - everything appears to be working good - original everything cycles between 32 degrees and 40 degrees regularly.
I still have everything attached to main door and the main door to clean up and refurb, so I am a long way from done.

I have found some odd things in machines, but this one has been the oddest overall so far.
1. Found two long dead mice crusted up with all sorts of other stuff in the drain pan - everything was black and I did not realize what they were for a few minutes. I guess they got in there and drowned.
2. I found two .357 mag hollow point bullets under the evap fan all crusted up with calcium deposits.

Some original pics below followed by refurb pics
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:55:09 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:21:59 am »

For me the big push has been my finishing my basement with the occasional gumball machine to tinker with. I have also been doing some work on my Vendo 56RT. I recently got my main door issue solved thanks to Tom and MCarter, thanks guys! I have also sent off for polishing and gotten back my stainless trim for my 56 and it looks great! Bit by bit I'll get it done.

Once the basement is finished, I'll have a little more time to play with toys!  biggrin I'm in the process of priming/painting and running baseboard/finishing trim. At the same time I'm finalizing my flooring choices and will be getting ready for the next big push, the suspended ceiling!

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 08:15:49 am »

Just like Brian, I am currently a slave to my kitchen/back porch restoration.  Tore out the walls, ceiling and floor.  Changed the electric, gas, water, drain, vent, and added duct to the porch.  Installed a pocket door for a pantry.  Drywalled, taped, and painted the ceiling and walls.  Added a drop ceiling to the porch, and finally this weekend started the window and door trim plus installed some of the cabinets and microwave.  Next week maybe the wife will finally get that sink.  I think shes tired of using the bathroom and basement sink.  Well, it beats going down to a creek.

Today I am finally picking up the two Stoner candy machines.

I also have a Northwestern dual nut machine, Perfumatic, Mills 400c, and a Popperette waiting in the wings for restoration.  Plus, four of my games need some maintenance to work properly again.

Too much to do in too little time!! darn
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:49:44 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: