SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 08:52:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gas pump  (Read 33902 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 11:08:02 pm »

I have a couple extra Veeder root Computers.. send me a photo of yours and I'll see if it matches up..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 11:11:15 pm »

I have a couple extra Veeder root Computers.. send me a photo of yours and I'll see if it matches up..
Here is a pic of mine before I took it to the car wash and cleaned it up. I have the rest of it I just separated the two pieces to make it easier to work with.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 06:31:04 am »

if it's the numeric dials that are the issue, they sell vinyl replacements, the strip is overlaid ove the dial. It's is a cheaper alternative than a ew unit or restore.
I can't remember his name, but there is guy in the midwest who does rebuilds, I was looking at it for my Bennett 766. I'll see if i can go through my stuff and find the info.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 08:28:07 am »

I have one 4 Reel Computer, but not sure what pump it came out of.. looks similar, but the thing with these is how they are mounted to the actual pump.. sometimes special brackets and such are needed allow it to mount properly. I'll take a closer look at it tonight.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2010, 12:38:12 pm »

I have one 4 Reel Computer, but not sure what pump it came out of.. looks similar, but the thing with these is how they are mounted to the actual pump.. sometimes special brackets and such are needed allow it to mount properly. I'll take a closer look at it tonight.
I can get  you some pictures of the mounting bracket. It looks like it just used 3 bolts that went into the bottom of the computer and then bolted to a piece of sheet metal.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2010, 06:15:56 pm »

I got these a few days ago to use on my pump. Contacted a company who owns a bunch of stations here in town and a high up person in the company sent me a personal email asking me to call him and he ended up giving them to me for free. He even dropped them off to the closest location to my house. It was really nice of him to do that for me.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:53 pm »

Also does anyone know what an Amoco pump from the mid 60's early 70's looked like? I need to know the color scheme but can't find any good pictures. All the ones I keep finding are either severly damaged and rusted or they have been repainted a few times to make them more modern.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2010, 10:46:06 pm »

Signguy did you get a chance to take a look at the computer and see if it might fit? If you need any measurements to know if it will let me know and I can measure the stuff out for you.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:48:14 pm by scalebowler » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 06:35:38 am »

It's been a long time, but I seem to recall the body of the pump had a panel with the Amaco logo and colored for the grade of gasoline. blue for regular, gold for premium,
by the 70's, pumps were no longer as flashy as they were in the 50's

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2010, 07:44:32 pm »

How can I remove some scratches from the stainless steel? It has some deep scratches that I don't think will come out but I thought I would ask just incase there is something I can do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: