SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 09:11:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gas pump  (Read 34361 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2011, 03:57:15 pm »

Here are some pictures of the pannels. They look a lot better than they did before. Kind of glad that they painted them because I think that the paint may have helped keep the red from fading and helped protect it. The two chips at the bottom of both pannels is where the loop at the back that holds the bottom of the pannel onto the pump is and after years of taking them off and putting them back on it looks like it chipped off there but I think I can find some paint that is very close to the rest of it and just touch it up. They are small areas so it is not to bad.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 01:02:11 am »

Well after an entire summer I did not get a chance to touch the pump. Mostly because I was working a lot (work at an ice cream shop which had a line out the door most nights from about 7:00pm when everyone got done with dinner untill 11:00 or 12:00 depending on what day it was). But I do have some good news. After a all the searching I may have found the missing parts for this pump! Really exciting for me. Hopefully I can find some time this winter to do something on it like maybe grinding off some paint or something (just need the correct PPE before I can start that stuff). I will post some pics when I make some progress on it.
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 01:33:07 pm »

Mobile Gas Company

cmc
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 02:35:21 am »

After about 2 years of not doing much of anything to this pump I have finally found the parts that I need to complete it. I am pretty excited about getting the parts since they seemed like they would be impossible to find. Now I can start to figure out exaclty what needs to be done to get my pump looking nice again.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 08:52:18 am »

After about 2 years of not doing much of anything to this pump I have finally found the parts that I need to complete it. I am pretty excited about getting the parts since they seemed like they would be impossible to find.

Always a great feeling....I know how you feel!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:53 pm »

Always a great feeling....I know how you feel!
It really is a pretty awesome feeling!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 01:15:15 am »

I got the parts! They came on thursday and they look awesome! I got two door frames with the locks and I also got two of the lower halves of the faceplates. Now I just have to get around to buying some safety equipment and I can start using my angle grinder to get the parts all cleaned up. Also got to find a modern gas pump nozzle so that I can use these rubber hose covers that were given to me by the owner of a local chain of convience stores. They are the blue, silver, and gold ones with the Amoco logo on them and I think they would look pretty cool on it. That or find a place somewhere around here that will sand blast them for me. Either way I am really excited to have these parts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:17:20 am by scalebowler » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: