SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 09:15:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gas pump  (Read 34366 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 11:03:38 pm »

Can you project the laptop through the projector?
Unfortunatly not. It is one of the early score projectors that AMF built. The place I got it from just turned 50 last year so I am assuming that it has been there that long. I will try to get some pics of it if you guys would like to see it. It has two light bulbs that project light down into two curved mirrors which direct it up through the plastic score sheets and then through a series of mirrors at the top and then onto the screen or in my case the wall. I don't have any score sheets yet because I keep forgetting to ask the owner every time I go down to his bowling center.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:20 pm »

I got an ad up on craigslist now. Just got to wait and see if anything shows up.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 07:56:56 pm »

Got two responses overnight. One of them is kind of neat but I don't think I can afford it and it is too big and the other person says they think they might have what I want.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 10:43:21 pm »

Got some pictures of the pump the other person has. Looks like it is just want I am looking for. He said it has the sheet metal skin, the face plate and even some of the plastic parts near the top that say regular or something like that. Also neat thing about it I saw in the pictures is the numbers are engraved on the reels and not just painted on. I was worried that if I had to repaint them I would have to try to place decals on them. Only thing I would need to buy is a nozzle and a hose if I decide to get this pump.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 10:47:10 pm »

Also collecture I can post some pics of my score projector if you would like.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 11:04:20 pm »

You know we all love pictures!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 11:15:50 pm »

I will get some pics of it tomorrow. Only thing is you will see some wires sticking out the back. the reason for those is because the fan motor got all gummed up so I took it to school to fix it in the metal shop. I got the thing all cleaned up and back in new working order except for the one shim that I accidently punched a hole in with the motor shaft so now the fan rattles when it runs. They still use the same motors in ball returns so I am going to see if a bowling center near me has any busted motors so I can just swap out the parts I need.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 11:59:00 pm »

After looking at some of the pics I have a very good feeling that the guy selling it is the one who bought the one I was trying to get before. I think it is the same pump based one some of the pics of the insides. I compared them to the other pics I have and some of the rust patterns and paint wear look the same.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 06:04:14 pm »

This is the EXACT same pump! He sent me some more pictures and the phillips 66 pannels match. They are red with the blue paint showing from behind. I can't believe it. Going to try to get it now.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 08:11:28 pm »

I got it today! The seller was really nice and we talked about pumps for a little while and then about pop machines. Told him about my pepsi machine that I had in my dorm room and he talked about an old jukebox that his family had when he was younger. Was really fun. Only problem was trying to fit it in the trunk of the car (don't have truck) but we got it in there. The guy also has an old visible gas pump that he is going to restore as an Amoco pump which should be really cool. He also lives near an old abandoned Gulf station that I am actually going to try to get permission to visit and I think that I might invite him to come along with my friend and I if I do get permission. I have not gotten to work on it yet but here are some pictures of the pump. Had to take it appart to fit in the car.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: