SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 08:35:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Tom's  (Read 8583 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 10:36:06 am »

Nice score. finding a mini mite is tough, finding the original  stand is an extra bonus. And yeah, Williams is the same company that made pinball tables, They promptly got back out of jukeboxes.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 02:22:28 pm »

Thanks for the compliments.  

Yes Dave they both work and Rod I am keeping one and selling off the other one.  I threw the one on Ebay last week.  The one on the left is the early version of the Music Mite, thats the one I am selling.  The one on the right is the latest version.  You can tell by the grill.  The later version had the diamond pattern.  There were other differences too, but that's the most obvious difference.

I always like them, especially with the stand.  I wouldn't buy it without one.  The stand was an option you could've bought but they were mainly sold as countertop models.  This was Williams one and only attempt at a jukebox that I have ever heard of.  I'm glad they got out of the jukes and concentrated on the baseball machines.  To me, they had the best baseball games.

Here's a link of it on Ebay, you can see a video of it that I made for the sale.  I'm going to delete the video after the Ebay ad runs out and make a one song video.  This video was extremely long to show that it played all the songs.  Not the greatest video, too many errors making it, but I wanted a continuous shot with no editing.  So you can see that it does work and that I used no trickery when filming it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190639177536?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:04:24 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:30 pm »

Now I will definitely have to have one. The search starts today.

I collect old Jukeboxes and have never seen one of these.

Brian'

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »

Larry,

Very cool toys! I love them! This is a great site where others are willing to go out of the way to help those that need a new toy picked up. That's what I enjoy about the hobby. The other people who also love the hunt, but also will do almost anything to help you. Glad you posted and shared the stories on the new additions!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 07:59:29 pm »

Thanks for sharing, they look great
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 09:05:14 pm »

Video was nice, machine sounds great.
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »

Thanks for the kind words Larry, it's easy to help out people that you know would do the same for you! You did a great job on the Music Mites. I'm going to miss the gang at the Spring Show this year! Maybe someone can send me some ribs from Portillos, that'll make me feel better.
   TFJ

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 04:40:43 am »

I've had a good look around my room and I just might be able to get one in...

Larry, looked at your other videos too.. Love the Superier Gum machine and that Hamilton Beech Milkshake Maker is now on the list of must haves.

You have some great stuff. I'd love to be a kid in your house.

Dave
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 10:14:48 am »

Thanks Dave,

I already have a brother named Dave....I guess I can adopt you. biggrin 

I use Youtube mainly for selling items.  Most of my stuff on Youtube is gone.  I made a few, probably a few too many, Popperette videos showing how to wire them up and how they work.  Only because when I got my first one there was absolutely nothing out there on the net.  I like to show problems that I encounter on my videos so if someone had the same problem, they can figure it out.  So whenever I get a machine now, I make a video of things that stumped me.  I have footage on the High Hand and the Music Mite.  I may throw it out there one day.  Actually, I would like to make a video on all my stuff, but it would just be the machines working.  I wish I made one for all the shuffle alleys and ball bowlers that I've done.  The videos are a good refresher course to myself.  A lot of times you encounter the same problem ten years later and you know that you had this before and then you rack your brains trying to remember the "SIMPLE" solution.  They always are once you remember. blush

The Hamilton Beach was something that I thought would be fun for the kids.  My wife hates it and wont let me keep it on the kitchen counter.  "It's too big and ugly," she exclaims. down "Just like me," I reply.  laugh  It's home is under the pinball machine.  I bring it up every now and then.  Dave they are neat machines, just check the motor brushes.  Especially in the center motor on a triple or on a single, just it's one motor.  The center motor would be the motor used the most.  If you get one, take it apart.  No mater how clean it is on the outside there is a lot of hidden grime.  Also, change the feet on the bottom.  These suckers are heavy and can do some major counter damage if you drag them across.

My Music Mite sold, but to someone in Utah.  Looks like thoses shipping boxes can finally get out of my basement. tounge

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 01:26:46 am »

The videos are a good refresher course to myself.  A lot of times you encounter the same problem ten years later and you know that you had this before and then you rack your brains trying to remember the "SIMPLE" solution.  They always are once you remember. blush

I have been doing something similar for the coin mechs. When I discover a "fix", I write it down in a Troubleshooting file. Been doing it ever since I couldn't remember the simple "Fix" that was so frustrating the first time and worse the second time!!

My Music Mite sold, but to someone in Utah.  Looks like thoses shipping boxes can finally get out of my basement. tounge

Ha-ha....glad you got to recycle the boxes and glad it sold. Funny how those things get around. The MM I got for you was brought out here from Chi-town and back it goes to the Windy City. Your other one now comes West!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: