SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:36:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vacation time  (Read 9500 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: August 26, 2010, 05:58:36 am »

Getting ready to disappear for a few days.... Saturday morning early we are getting leaving for a cruise in the Caribbean.. Stopping at Jamaica and Grand Cayman... I'm already in vacation mode...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 07:01:32 am »

Enjoy your trip ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:32:09 am »

Did that trip a few years back for my wife's birthday.  Hope you have smooth sailing.  If you are not swimming with the sting rays at Cayman, I suggest the bicycle tour of the island.  You will get to see parts of the island away from the built up shopping area and you will still be back in town with enough time to shop and grab a bite to eat before the ship heads out!

The walking trip from Ocho Rios to Dunn's River Falls is a nice excursion in Jamaica!

Have fun!

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 09:30:00 am »

...I suggest the bicycle tour of the island.  You will get to see parts of the island away from the built up shopping area and you will still be back in town with enough time to shop and grab a bite to eat before the ship heads out!

Unless the bike gets a flat!!  censored
Have a great vacation! Hope the weather holds up for you!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:32:56 pm »

Thanks guys... Tim.. you walked to the falls on Ocho? We booked an excursion to the falls and some snorkeling thing.. After I made my family walk to the reversing falls in Canada, I don't think they would have listened to me when I said it was just a short walk..  In Cayman, we are booked for the beach.. Otherwise, I'll be keeping the Johnny Walker company in business while on the ship!.. In my mind I'm already sitting at the airport waiting for the plane.. I'm on cruise control already...
As for weather, it looks like we may get wet leaving Miami, but other than that the forecast looks pretty good for us the rest of the trip-- slight chance of rain in Jamaica..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 03:10:39 pm »

Hey Ken what cruise line ??  swimming with the dolphins then a trip on a bus to Dunn River falls, both were cool Cool
 And Ken If you could  (big Favor) need a shot glass from Cayman  what ever you think is cool (only if you want)

ANd one more thing Have a Great time . biggrin.
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:38:12 pm »

Ken,  Have a great time biggrin, I'm thinking about taking a similar cruise next your for our 25 anniversary. I also would like to know what cruise line you go on and let us know how it goes when you get back !!

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:01:23 pm »

Whew! We tried to climb up Dunn River Falls in Jamaica with my son and it was tough! Mainly because of his age. He was about 5. We didn't the whole thing. There was a point to stop part way up.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 09:07:46 pm »

We did our cruise on Royal Carribean and I would highly recommend that line!

And Bubba, the walk from the dock to the falls was not that bad.  We stopped at the place that Pat mentioned where you can swim with the dolphins (we did not do that however).  They have something of a tropical zoo there.  It was a nice excursion and now that I think about it, they picked us by boat from the Falls and took us back to the cruise ship dock.  Nice strong rum punch on the boat!

drinking Tim drinking
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 10:24:50 pm »

We are doing Carnival.. its a good line for the kids..My kids are 12 and 11 and there is a lot to keep them occupied.. I think we are getting a bus or something to the falls.. then we go to Dophin cove and go snorkeling.. Pat.. I'll see what I can do for you.. I usually look for shot glasses.. I stopped collecting unless I see something really cool..

This is our 3rd trip on Carnival, 2nd with the kids.. Last year we did NY-Canada.. great trip.. Carnival isn't a fancy ship.. Its great if you want to party or have kids..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: