SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:40:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vacation time  (Read 9501 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 10:57:39 pm »

Thanks Ken if you can that would be great and I will reimburse for the cost of shot glass and shipping biggrin.
 I just need to hit that 1000 mark (close to 900)  and all different. smile
Cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 05:25:58 pm »

I wish i was going on vacation, I spent 10 days in vegas and it was all a blur!
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 05:49:04 am »

I know why it was such a blur, you were busy helping Rick film his pilot for his new show! laugh

Brian
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 09:44:00 pm »

I know why it was such a blur, you were busy helping Rick film his pilot for his new show! laugh

ROFLMAO...

We made it back, in between the storms... Got some stories when I get settled back in.. Nothing soda related really..

Pat.. pm me your address..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

Glad you made it home safely!
Was thinking about you with the hurricane over there.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 02:30:13 pm »

Well, this trip was definitely an adventure.. It started off when we got to the airport and my wife asked where the camera was.... that kinda set the tone for the rest of the trip.. doesn't matter that she put the battery in and put it back in the closet, not with the rest of the luggage   glare.. we are always laughing at people using their cell phones for pictures... luckily mine had a decent camera and a big memory card. We also picked up a disposable or 2. It is hard to use a film camera when you are so used to just snapping pictures and deleting the not so good ones.. These pictures should be interesting when we get them developed.

It was very apparent that Continental and United are merging and the flight attendants aren't happy about it.. Most miserable crew I've dealt with both directions on this trip.. Looks like the last good airline is going downhill.

Carnival Destiny was the ship... its an older ship that has been updated. The air conditioning in the dining rooms wasn't working well.. not so good in the middle of the Caribbean in August! The food wasn't very good either. The wait staff was slow and inattentive. It must have been a new crew as the attention to details wasn't very good. Our last cruise on Carnival, the wait staff learned our names, what we liked, and payed a lot more attention to details.. The shower backed up into the bathroom floor 2x. Luckily it was just soapy water, but still pretty nasty. The main lights in our room intermittently worked for the first 2 days.

Jamaica - I'll never step foot on that island again.. We were bombarded/harassed the moment we got off the tour bus by people selling stuff.. We did the snorkeling trip at Dolphin cove which was pretty nice, then to the Dunns River Falls. The falls was neat, but very hard to enjoy when you are always trying to watch your back from someone trying to harass you. Then trying to leave that place was another trip in itself. It took a while to discover the magic words.. " I don't have any more money". If I knew how important that phrase was in the beginning, it may have been a bit better. There was an old soda shop in the park I wanted to stop at, but by the time we passed it I didn't want to look at anything but the boat back to the ship. I also think that the falls are man made. The river may have been there, but those rocks and all are man made. I haven't seen too many rocks with trees and burlap bags growing out of them.

Grand Cayman- Very nice.. I would definitely go back there for a vacation. The people were friendly, it was clean and the water was beautiful. So was the rest of the scenery at the beach... too bad we only had a short time on the island.

Water was a bit rough wed night-- guess the after effects of Earl. We docked back in Miami on Thurs early am. Our flight home wasn't until 4:30, so we did a trip to the Miami Aquarium-- sad to say, but probably the highlight of the trip. Its a very small aquarium, but we got to see Flipper the dolphin and the big Killer wale... There was some good shows, was saw in the few hours we were there.

The flight home was uneventful, except for the miserable flight crew. Garbage all over the floor of the plane, etc.. Felt good to be back in my own bed. Then we see on the news about the excitement we missed at Miami airport last night. I am soo glad we got out before that happened.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 04:10:06 pm »

Jamaica - I'll never step foot on that island again.. We were bombarded/harassed the moment we got off the tour bus by people selling stuff.

I HATE that! My wife and I went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon 20 years ago and we couldn't go anywhere without somebody trying to sell us some piece of S*%t - even on the beach somebody would come up to us every 10 minutes or so. We haven't been back since and have no plans to either!

Some trips are like that Ken and it is a bummer when they are - you work and save and get excited and then nothing goes as planned.
I remember once a long time ago, my wife and I were going to Universal Studios in CA. She let her drivers license lapse and thought she was going to have to take the test again, so she procrastinated. I was bugging her to just do it before the trip and she didn't. On the plane we were talking and decided we would go for a convertible or something fun for in the sun. Well - we got to the auto rental place and low and behold, my DL was expired too. We could not rent a car - at least from that place, but the guy at the counter said I know someone that can help you. We rented a Chevy Lumina from this place and there were bullet holes in the doors, the car stunk and it would only go 55 downhill with the wind behind us! We laugh about it now!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 06:21:33 pm »

wow, i think next year you out to vacation at the Chicago coin show.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »

sorry about the Jamaica thing,  our wait staff told us to not to take cash  and when you showed them a empty wallet or money clip they left you alone.  let me ask you did you think Jamaica felt dirty or looked dirty it just felt scummy to o me.

And thanks again  sent you a pm dont forget  picture we like pictures  biggrin.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »

Too bad to hear about the trip..I love to vacation in Mexico and have several times in different locations.. the best way to deal with the peddlers is just ignore them , don't make eye contact.. at least it use to work.. now over the last few years we have only been going to all inclusive resorts with private beachs that don't have the locals hanging out...
Good to hear you made it back safe..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: