SMC Discussion Areas
September 27, 2024, 09:15:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just What I need AAAGGG  (Read 7973 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« on: September 08, 2009, 10:03:58 pm »

Hi,Guys

Got a Call from a Friend Said He had a Buddy call him abought a Soda Machine Someone Had Since He has spread the word that He know someone that Collects them .
We Went to Look at it Been in Basement ( darn) 30+years a Little $ Now I own a Second C 55-E Two Select Machine .It's Scratch up a lot on the sides .The Stainless trim Is Really Nice . It Is Missing the Bottle Spacers & Back bottle guides (2) I don't Know Yet if it works Because At Some Time Something Died in it and It Smelled And I had to power washed it (No Bones Found YET !! ) Missing Locking Bar & Lock
But Even if it dose"nt Work I'll have Spare Parts for the Other 2 I own . And if the Vend Motors Work there worth there weight in Gold .
                                                                        Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 10:47:06 pm »

Great score. Seems like cav 55's like you. Can I ask what you gave for it? If the motors do not work as long as they are there can easily be rewound and fixed. Any electric motor shop can fix a vend motor.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:53 pm »

Any electric motor shop can fix a vend motor.

I have not found one yet that can fix a WC-60 vend motor - haven't needed to try the C-55 motor....yet!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 11:11:36 pm »

Nice little score there Leonard  Well like you said it could be use as a parts machine
or if it works put a little money into it and turn around and sell it or you could alway keep
it for a rainy day smile.

Pat
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:17:00 am »

I made the spacers and shimes. I have extras if you are interested.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 07:53:13 am »

As far as motor repair shops go.....Most if not all won't touch a small, fractional H.P. motor with a 10 foot pole. I've tried many different shops, local and far, and get the same answer. Either they flat out say no or they are going to charge you something like $500 or higher to make an attempt at re-winding it (if that's the problem) Sometimes you will find an open winding and then you also find out that the open was caused by a bad bearing that caused the motor to bog down thereby cooking a winding. Trying to get a bearing replaced is a completely different task!

If you ever find a good reputable shop that will repair small motors for a decent price, let me know!!  biggrin

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:33:05 am »

Brian,
 I have a shop in my home town ,that rebuilt a motor for a popperette... I think that is a 1/4 hp motor, (can't remember) but would figure it would about the same? maybe I'm wrong... I just don't have the info in front of me..

either way, they rewound the motor for around 200 bucks.. works like a charm.

Also Larry found a guy in Chicago area that did it as well...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 04:15:18 pm »

Not much of a square top guy but these 55's are cool. I restored one last year for one of my client's and it turned out awesome.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 09:55:26 pm »

Allright Guys  happydrinkers

After 4hr piddling & getting Shocked twice & Finding 1 Right & 1 Left Spacer (I know I need More ) Matt I might be in contact with you ?? . I have it Cooling (Yea ) BUT !!!! Nothing Else works No lights & Coin mech I even tried one out of the Other 55s & 1 i had on the shelf .I Know They all Work .So Since I'm a Dumb Ass  tounge when it comes to Electric & Wiring I just started looking in all the areas on the 55s I know ! And Low and behold I found the Problem .( See Pic ) Now I Know some of you guys Know a Bunch !! The area in the lower r/side is Fried .Can I use one of the ones in the top left side Huh? There in no way hooked in series .Each connector thingey is it own It's just Riveded on the Breaker strip Board ??
Or Maybe some one might have one Huh?? from a Parts Machine Huh?
I don't know what caused the problem But I did find a Wisker wire from the Solenoid behind the slug rejector stuck in the other Solenoid housing Maybe causing the Vend motor to over load Huh????And Burn the Termail Block Huh??
Looking for some Help  smile

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 02:00:04 pm »

Leonard,

Bottom line, if the Brown or Blue labeled terminal groups aren't being used, you can swap your wires onto it and it will operate the same as if it were wired using the originals.

Brian
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: