SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:49:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look Who Stopped Buy  (Read 8702 times)
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:46 pm »

Yes, the whole machine was Powdercoated, beautiful job and Clear Powdercoating over the color. No bondo in this machine the Gold Lief is the same as on yours.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
Yes, the whole machine was Powdercoated, beautiful job and Clear Powdercoating over the color. No bondo in this machine the Gold Lief is the same as on yours. like the powder coating, saves lots of money not having to send out to a body shop to  paint for you and just as nice at half the price, keep up the good work curtis

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:25 am »

Hello Curtis: Attached are pictures of my Glascock that I was telling you that I just finished. I wish I had a place for it in my collection. I would like to keep it, but just can't find that right spot for it. I think that I will take it to Chicago April and try and sell it. It took a little time to find a color that I thought was close to the original color. I would like everyones input on what you think of the color green that I used. The cooler is pretty much all original except for the handle and hinges.(I wonder where I got those biggrin) Anyway enjoy the pictures, and on to the next project. Curtis when you get some of those projects done that you were working on, be sure to post some pictures, I would like to see the end results.
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 06:46:48 am »

Another picture !!!

Rod
Fun-Tronics
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 06:59:08 am »

The Cooler looks great Rod you should have no trouble selling that next month and I think the color is very close. I'll take care of the project you were asking about first thing on Thursday. Take care and talk with you soon. Curtis.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 08:47:18 am »

Looks Great Rod,,, I'm sure you'll have no problem selling that beauty at Chicago in April....
Love the Brass, all polished up like that. I restored a full size glascock for my Dad last fall, and I was able to color match the origianal paint that I found up on the inside of one of the rails , but it was a much darker, (Army,Olive Drab Green) that I found and so I went with that look... can't find a photo right now, but it turned out nice as well.
See you in April!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 09:14:43 am »

looks very nice rod, I have one with the same color done by vintage vending, They are very cool looking when restored, see you at the april show. jeff wolf
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 06:29:46 am »

The panels on my Glascock are the original embossed ones. But I forgot to mention that Fun-Tronics now has replacement panels for the Glascock junior and standard coolers. I have the decals that can be applied by yourself or we offer the panels in a reverse paint technique. These look awsome. If anyone would like to see a picture I would be glad to post a picture. These coolers are great to restore, but if your panels are rusted out(which they usually are) it is hard to restore it. Now it's possiable to give it a top notch restoration.
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 07:26:46 am »

Hi, Rod

Please Post a Picture Of the Pannels . My Counter Top has 2 of the Orginail pannels in it also . I'll post a Picture of it Later .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 08:39:37 am »

Rod, would love to see the panels you offer... when I restored one last summer, I had replacment panels that where from Vintage Vending... they sold me one of the last sets they had from those reproduction Glascocks they sold or distributed.. since my originals where way long gone.. these look great! they are painted/screened on..
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 11:48:07 am »

I too would love to see them. I have a lead on a few glasscocks that I've beenb  skirting because repro  panels were near impossible to find.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: