SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 10:27:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look Who Stopped Buy  (Read 8740 times)
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« on: March 08, 2009, 10:32:59 am »

Look who stopped by the shop on Friday, always nice to see Rod from FUNTRONICS With his truck and trailer out back he drove up in a New Corvette convertable and driving was Steve Ebner Enjoying the retired life?
Rod it was great getting to spend a few hours with you my wife and son though you seemed nice, I set them straight! Hope you had a good trip back.

Curtis Kauffman: Memory Lane Restorations
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:13 pm »

Hello Curtis:
What a long drive home. I made it home about 2:30 a.m.  tounge I was glad that Steve brought me by your place. I couldn't believe all of the projects you had going on.
I was very impressed with what I saw. That cigarette machine that you about had done was awsome. I don't know where you come up with your ideas and your graphics ,and colors, but man it is impressive. That green on the cigarette machine made it really stand out.
I saw your pictures last week on here of your Orange Crush dispenser, and I have to say "WOW" after seeing it in person. I have to tell all of you guys on here pictures does not do this dispenser justice. It is so massive, and the colors jump out at you. Curtis you must have spent hours getting those graphics just right to paint them on.
One thing I thought was very cool of you Curtis is that everything with you was not top secret. You were willing to share your ideas. I left with some neat ideas that I would like to try if I find time. I really liked your M&M Stoner candy machine. Thanks for giving me ideas on mine.
Your family was very nice, and you have a great place. I look forward to my next trip out that way. I will for sure be stopping by again.  happydrinkers

Rod
Fun-Tronics
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:06:27 pm »

Thanks for the kind words and The Green and Cream White machine was a Cigar Machine by Cigaromat corp. I never seen one like this but someone on the site sent me an e-mail that it was on E-bay and though I could do something with it. I'll post a few pics on Monday of it, I almost have it finished I'm waiting on one piece to come back. I though you would like the Orange Crush piece I just got to find a better place for it, I'm kind of tight for space in the gameroom. It was fun getting to spend some time with you but next time you will need to stay a few days. I'll send you pics of our water slide at the pool if you would still like to do one. Talk with you soon and I'll get a few Pics on here on Monday.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:59 am »

Hi Larry, though you would like to see a few photos of that Cigar Machine you turned me on to on E-bay. Thanks. It's almost finished. This was the machine Rod from Funtronics thiugh was a Cigarette machine but it's a real Cigar Vendor.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:55:57 am »

Curtis,

That turned out great.  I wasn't sure how a square Cigaromat would turn out.  I figured that it would always have a sixties look to it, but you pulled it off.  The color scheme and lettering goes perfect with it.  It definately has the forties flavor to it.  Very nice.  Hats off to you!!!

Larry

A lot of stuff.
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:57:52 am »

Hi Curtis, that machine looks great, I did not think you would be able to make it look so nice. is that the same machine you got for 50.00 from the guy in pa, on the way home from my house, Even  though  it is a 1960'S square top machine, you made it look just great, nice job, love the colors, is that hand painted graphics or decals. keep up the great work, let me know if you are going to sell it
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 10:38:29 am »

Very nice and unique. happydrinkers How does one make a selection, don't see any knobs?

Glen
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 10:51:30 am »

This is the same machine Jeff, I need to put in the vending unit, I had to have new Spring steel pieces made that go behind the knobs but will have back by the end of the week. The knobs are Berg. in color. The sides are Gold Lief and there is some hand painting on it as well. There is a piece of glass that go's in the front and the best part is this Machine lights up! Rod from Funtronics loved it.

mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:36 am »

This is the same machine Jeff, I need to put in the vending unit, I had to have new Spring steel pieces made that go behind the knobs but will have back by the end of the week. The knobs are Berg. in color. The sides are Gold Lief and there is some hand painting on it as well. There is a piece of glass that go's in the front and the best part is this Machine lights up! Rod from Funtronics loved it.
Is it powder coated on the body or is it hand painted? Should look nice with burgundy knobs,  are you using the same gold leaf decals you used on my other cigar machine from your vinyl guy  They  look good  on the green, good way to save money and keep the price on the machine down, got a price the other day on real gold leaf and it was very high with gold at 1000 per once.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 12:16:58 pm »

Yes, the whole machine was Powdercoated, beautiful job and Clear Powdercoating over the color. No bondo in this machine the Gold Lief is the same as on yours.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: