SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 08:25:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here........just bought my first!  (Read 7373 times)
Fifty7
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:46:04 am »

Thanks for all the replys!

Wayne - Thanks, you just answered my next question which was going to be "how do I find out what year the machine was made". I looked at the serial number and it is E305 so based off of what you stated the machine was made in May of 53' correct?

Moondawg, ask for more and you shall recieve..............LOL

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 12:23:42 pm »

Fifty7,

Nice buy for your first machine but these guys are not kidding about more machines turning up that you have to get!!!  I bought my first machine in March of this year and now I have 4.

Cavalier USS-8-64--good original working machine
Vendo V-39--current restoration project
Stoner 180 with Gum/Mint--on deck restoration project
Vendorlator 144SA--restoration project in the hole!

A machine a month may be a bit of an aggressive pace!  tounge This group is a valuable source of information if you are looking for parts, restoration advice or machine values.  If you are not sure about something--ASK, they won't steer you wrong!

Welcome to the group! happydrinkers

Tim
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 03:22:09 pm »

I looked at the serial number and it is E305 so based off of what you stated the machine was made in May of 53' correct?

Yep, that's correct.  BTW - NICE CAR!!!!!!!

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 10:14:05 pm »

jawdrop Sweet Car! and machine... now all you need is a couple gas pumps, a Jukebox and maybe a candy machine
of somesort... oh yeah you've only just begun!
Welcome! Hope you stick around! great site, great group!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Fifty7
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 09:06:37 am »

Eric,

Without a doubt, a jukebox and a few gas pumps would be great. Boy those gas pumps go for some $$$$$$$$$$!!! Gotta start saving my nickels and dimes for one of those tounge
Fifty7
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 06:34:56 pm »

Well, I finally got the machine plugged in and filled it with some Boylan's and beer! biggrin

I put a thermometer in it to see how cold it is getting and also when it turns off and on just in case I needed to make an adjustment. I'm not sure where the previous owner had it set. I think I got her dialed in at 3..............it shuts off at about 35-36 and kicks in at about 45-46 from what I can tell. With a full cooler...........it' will cycle about every 45 min. to an hour which to me doesn't seem bad do to the fact that it is a 50 year old machine sitting in my 90 degree garage. What do you guys think? Do these numbers sound good to you guys?

Also, I've been told that this machine will cost me an arm and a leg to run as far as power usage. Any comments on that? Keep in mind, that I live in the Central Valley and PG&E has some of the highest energy cost out of all the utilities...........
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 07:39:22 pm »

Glad all is up and  running! Nice 57 by the way. You may want to pick up a copy of the new Hemmings Classic car.

Cycle times look correct. A new main door and bottle door gasket may help.

I think PG&E (Pilfer/Gouge and Extort) will only take an arm :-) I ran my V-56 RT in San Jose for 4 years maybe $20 bucks a month more. The enjoyment far offsets the cost.
Creighton
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: