SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 03:41:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out this guy's gameroom photo, especially Mills400!  (Read 4648 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: February 11, 2008, 07:25:06 am »

Mills,

Take a look at the photo and tell me what the first thing that jumps out at you is. I dig his entire room but the Popperette looks great! Do you happen to know this guy? He's from Illinois as well. Just thought I'd ask.

Here's the orignal link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190197376144&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Brian
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:28:47 am »

Yea, I saw that
                      He's buy's & Sells under Bottles50 .I talked to him once .Nice Guy dose a lot of Restoring on the side according to him .He Ownes a body shop .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:01:47 am »

Hi Brian,

First thing that I notice was the Popperette!  It's kind of like looking at your kids school picture.  Your kid naturally jumps out at you out of all the other kids.

I clicked on the picture and realized, yes, I do know that machine.  I recognized the ugly power switch add on, on top of the machine.  I actually, worked on it.  My friend asked me if I could give it a once over before he started it up.  The pump was seized and the merc switch was out of alignment.  The seized pump could've cooked the motor, destroyed the pump, and the lack of oil would have shattered the heater.  Fortunately, none of that happened.  After some soaking and adjustments, it worked good as new. 

Here's a shot of mine.

Larry
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:26:08 am by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:48:32 am »

Small world!! That's awesome though, I always love a good story. Was the power switch already installed when he got it? Surely he didn't put it in! Did he?

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:14:03 am »

Yes, it was already there.   darn I looked at it and thought a small toggle would've been better.  Actually, plugging in and unplugging the cord works the best. biggrin  I hate to alter into a machine if it is unecessary.

A lot of stuff.
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 04:13:15 pm »

His name is Danny.......Super nice guy, has done a few Grapette Picnic Coolers for me. He does really nice work. He's located about 15 minutes from the Chicago Show.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:46:55 am »

Dan painted my Popperette, two Stoner Jrs., two Stoner gum machines, and a Superior gum machine for me.  He does nice work.  He is in Addison Illinois.  His shop is D and S auto.  His telephone number is 1-630-543-4410.  Give him a call for a quote.  Tell him Larry sent you, maybe I'll get a Christmas card from him. laugh laugh laugh

Also, you may have seen his work at the Chicagoland show.  He's the guy that paints the Coke machines, that are restored, in the first room in isle three or four.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: