SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 07:28:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo56 squaretop bottle door light help  (Read 20302 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: November 21, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

I am working on finishing up a Vendo56 square-top in which I restored the inside, but left the outside original.  But I am having an issue with the bottle door light.  I did not do a great job of pictures of this before I took it apart, but it really did not matter as it did not work then and that was because it appears it was never even connected.  The wires appear to not have even been stripped or cut from the bottle door light.  I have some pictures coming, but my question is where do I connect the bottle light door wires to?  I assume it splices/connects into the line coming from the coin mech.  In fact that line is cut where it appears it should be spliced together, but never was.  I am hoping someone can confirm if this is correct and if not how it is supposed to connect.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 09:33:41 pm »

Coin mech line:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 09:34:15 pm »

Bottle door light:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 08:40:09 pm »

Any thoughts on this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I only have a few more things to get my first restoration done (even though it was just the insides). 
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 08:58:18 pm »

Ok I'm NO Electrician but I don't see a ballast for the light ? And the wires that would be going to the ballast should have 110 -115 voltage  to the ballast

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 09:07:47 pm »

Hi Ltransam,  Thanks for the response.  Does a standard light bulb need a ballast (I am no electrician either)?   I know the front light up panel has a ballast on it, but you cannot see it from the back.
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 09:47:40 pm »

If it's an incandescent light bulb. No.

The principle of incandescent lighting is that a current flows through a filament resulting in extreme heating of the filament and consequently light being emitted from the super heated filament.

Lighting requiring ballasts are commonly fluorescent and HID lighting. The purpose of the ballast is to provide a spike of current to trigger a chemical reaction in substances such as neon and such.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 09:48:23 pm »

The factory light required a ballast. Far better LED solutions are now available. Suggest looking into those.
Creighton
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 10:16:34 pm »

I don't think this is a fluorescent light, just an incandescent in the top of the vend column with a candelabra base right?  No ballast needed for the incandescent, just need to find a hot and common wire to hook into.  Any clue where the cut wires in the door go to?

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:37:01 am »

Thanks for the responses.  This is just an incandescent bulb so I don't think this requires a ballast.  tkaz, the wires that are clipped in the picture go to the front of the coin door and connect to the coin mech connection which also has the front light panel going to it.   Would I just try to connect into that where it is clipped?  It is weird because those wires look like they were clipped to connect to something and then never done.  Same with the wires coming from the light.  In fact those have not even been stripped.  It is odd because when I took this think apart it was apparent this was like this originally or at least for a very long time.  If you need pictures of the connection at the coin door I can provide them.  Thanks for all your help.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: