SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 11:48:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittle wire insulation going to the compressor....?  (Read 25756 times)
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:37 pm »

That cleaned up nice, great job, I wish more of my customers would listen when I tell them about cleaning the coils. I get a lot of locked up compressors and get the( I don't know why the compressor went bad), as I'm peeling 2" of shag carpet off the condensing coil. But if everyone took care of them I wouldn't have any work.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »

That cleaned up nice, great job, I wish more of my customers would listen when I tell them about cleaning the coils. I get a lot of locked up compressors and get the( I don't know why the compressor went bad), as I'm peeling 2" of shag carpet off the condensing coil. But if everyone took care of them I wouldn't have any work.

Ditto for me too!  tounge  Even restaurant owners with thousands of dollars worth of perishable food in there cooler can only be bothered when suddenly the poor thing drops dead from heat exhaustion & then boy do they wish the had taken a preventive maintenance contract agreement with me for a few hundred extra for an semi-annual cleaning & system check-up,  but no, ouch! "what do you mean it will cost >$1000.00 !!!!"  ...Ka-ching!

Same goes for used restaurant equipment too... "ye-old Pig in a Polk"

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »

dido!

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 08:16:37 pm »

About done with the painting....Man the fins in some areas are just about impossible to get to....But overall I'm pleased with how it turned out.  I also got the main power block put back together yesterday.

Brian
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:18:41 pm by wee » Logged
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:43 pm »

Have not been able to take the power block apart wihtout damaging it.  Are those available anywhere as a repop?  Haven't seen them on any of the sponser sites as a stand alone component, but it looks like they incorporate a similar piece as part of their wiring harness assembly.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 05:36:46 am »

I'm not sure about a reproduction unit....?  It wasn't all that hard to get it apart....Now putting it back together with the new style connections and the additional heat shrink wrap was tuff.....I also had to enlarge the slot for the powercord because the new cord was larger in dia. than the old cord.

I do a how-to write and post more pics on my blog sometime over the weekend.

Brian
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 01:11:19 am »

Question for Eric or JohnieG.  I picked up the same cooling deck Brian has been working on but don't know if it cools.  His first photo shows the compressor relay and I think that I need to replace that relay on my unit.  The whole deck is in fairly rough shape, but if the compressor fires up, it can be reclaimed.  The relay actually rattles like something has broken loose, but it is a sealed unit, so I can't see what is going on inside.  Its a Ranco Type H relay if that is of any use.  Could not find any info on a potential source for a replacement unit, any suggestions or is there a means to test the compressor without the relay in place?  I checked the pins for continuity to ground and ohmed them out as well.  No glaring red flags there so I am hopeful.  Sorry to hijack the thread, but his photo shows exactly what I am looking at so I thought it would be the easiest way to ask.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 08:18:24 am »

Brian, by the time I get em' they're trash and in for
complete rebuilding.

Jonnie's the guy, with the experience on using original
compressors. I would think the answer would be, a 3 in 1
but I don't know. The relays and overloads we use, are
Klixon brand.

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: