SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 08:26:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first machine  (Read 20882 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »

Or not even deal with you. Johnie's right, go to Costco or Sam's or your local  big bulk vendor, and watch the weekly supermarket papers for sales.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 10:30:23 pm »

Thanks for the info. I bet it would be a problem contacting them. I had a hard enough time asking them if they knew where I could find those flavor strips for the machine. I ended up getting a response saying contact some place that had nothing to do with what I was asking about. I will check the ads for 24 packs. Sometimes they have them for 5 or 6 dollars.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 07:52:51 am »

I have made a few calls to the Coca Cola distributors (company owned) in my area and they either are not willing to talk to you or will only sell to you if you want to buy a minimum of 25 cases.  I did find the one remaining independent Coca Cola distributor in my state and they will sell direct; however, they are about a 6 hour drive from me.  I stop in and buy the 8 oz. glass bottles when I am in their area but that is only a couple of times a year.

Johnie and Kilroy are correct!  Being that your machine is a can machine, Sam's Club or Costco will be your best bet although Costco has yet to resolve their issue with Coke!  darn  The discount warehouses typically sell in cases of 32 rather than 24.  Although, I would also watch the sale ads at the local grocer and Target as they often have deals at $5.00 for a 24 pack.  At my local Costco, a 32 pack of Pepsi product costs around $8.00 or $0.25 a can.  You should be able to pay for a new coin mech and the entire machine pretty quickly it at $0.50 a can and that will still be a lot cheaper than anywhere else.  If you have a can deposit in your area, make sure to add that to the price!

drinking Tim drinking
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 10:18:29 am »

We (my office ) use to buy direct from the coke distributer as the employess liked the 16 oz plastic bottles...
I just went along with it, as I didn't see the bills as it was set up before I came on board.. foudn out they where paying something like 22.00 dollars a case or something rediculous...
We obviously stopped that immediately and now buy cans in bulk when they go on sale at Sams Club or walmart for 5-6 dollars a case...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 01:47:48 am »

I actually found some pop that I would like to stock my machine with. You guys ever had that throwback stuff from pepsi? They just use real sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup and in my opinion it tastes a little bit better and I love them using the old logos on the cans. They got the hillbilly on the mountain dew cans and the pepsi cans have a logo that is similar to what I have on my machine. I thought it was pretty neat.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 07:48:39 am »

I had thought the throwbacks were a limiited run, it's been off the shelves here in Detroit since end of summer.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 12:53:21 pm »

They still have them here in Indiana at WalMart and Kmart. "Heritage" Dr. Pepper, Throwback Mountain Dew and Throwback Pepsi. I bought some of the Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper last weekend and stocked my garage can machine with some. The Dr. Pepper definitely tastes better, haven't tried the Dew yet!

Brian
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 02:49:24 pm »

Brian what part of Indiana, they stopped selling it in Chicago.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 01:53:51 am »

They still have them here in Indiana at WalMart and Kmart. "Heritage" Dr. Pepper, Throwback Mountain Dew and Throwback Pepsi. I bought some of the Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper last weekend and stocked my garage can machine with some. The Dr. Pepper definitely tastes better, haven't tried the Dew yet!
Never tried Heritage Dr. Pepper before. Where do you get that from? Sounds like it would be good. Also why did they start using the corn syrup in pop anyway? The throwback stuff here was no more expensive than regular mountain dew and there was not much of a difference in the nutritional stuff either. I think the throwback had something like 1 gram of sugar less than the regular stuff.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 07:37:22 am »

Also why did they start using the corn syrup in pop anyway?

High fructose corn syrup is much cheaper than sugar, so the soda companies make more $$ per serving.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up