SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 09:07:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michigan Antique & Collectible Festivals & Coin Coin-Op Auction  (Read 3205 times)
rayg
Soda Jerks

« on: June 05, 2010, 07:51:24 pm »

Hi,

I just got back from my 1st Michigan Antique & Collectible Festivals & Coin Coin-Op Auction in Midland Michigan. I was there over 6 hour's with the wife.  I could have done the show in 4 hours just for I wanted to see …if you know what I mean. I really enjoy it, especially the hunt for coke stuff it was all over the place. (See pics of the few trinkets I got …..Sorry no pics of the show this time, I forgot to take my camera, I will for the next show in July). I have to say I was very impressed with the 80 acre fair grounds it was modern, nice and clean. The Coin-Op Auction was cool!  I didn’t bid on anything ... it was allot of big stuff " i.e. Pinball, Video Games, Juke Boxes, Soda machines, Petroleum Collectibles, Slot Machines, Neon Signs, Advertising Signs, & Other Coin-Op Antiques" The had about 8 coke machines and  Canada Dry round tops some on display other were not and a few Pepsi square top machines. Didn’t see what the when for at the time the auctions was working on the signs.   On top of that if there are any gears heads out there classic car show/swap meet . I seen some cars and parts that I have see in over 30 year's very cool.  

So I would recommend the show, it's something you take your surfactant other to, it has something for everyone and the food was also good!

Coke machine sign $14.00  (plan to illuminate), 1990 coke button $16.00  & Coke crate $5.00  I'm  sure I over pay but it was in my budget.
Ray
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 08:00:14 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:11:16 pm »

That coke sign is for a Cavalier 64 and is worth well over $50.00 and the wood crate is mint............ worth $35 easy.

You did real well!   happydrinkers

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:42:02 pm »

I could use the sign for a machine of mine if you want to sell it?
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 09:33:32 pm »

Hey Ray sound like it was a great time maybe something for the Michigan mafia could do for next year Cool.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 09:38:50 pm »

Ray,

I think you did well on all three items.  I frequent the antiques malls all around Michigan when I am traveling around and those items are usually priced higher.  The button is a repop but that is still a great price.  I agree with Pat.  Sounds like a good trip for the Mafia!

Also, thanks for supporting my walk!  And, I will be sending the shirt on Monday.

drinking Tim drinking
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 10:47:52 pm »

MoonDawg,
Thanks for the appraisal, l I feel better about my purchases,  These items were mixed in with alot of other stuff, so they probably didn't know their true value......just like I didn't.......still green and learning for the pro's!

Josh,
 Sorry, I don't want to sell it, I been looking for one like this for a long time.

Pat,
 I think it would be a good event for the Michigan Mafia to get together. The have two other shows this year  July 24-25 which doesn't have the Coin Coin-Op Auction and  it's not listed yet for September  25-26  show . Will keep and eye for it.  

Tim,
It was fun looking for the red & white, after doing it for a few hours it was like having a radar LOL..... The seller told me it was authorized by Coke in 1990  don't know if he lied about that part?  There is  a coke copyright with 1990 on the front,  but that may not be legit... when did the originals come out 1930's-40's

Your walk: It was the least I could do to support a fellow member of the Michigan Mafia... you're the one out there busting his A$$ for a good cause!  
Also please PM  me a total = (shirt + shipping)

Thanks everyone!

Ray
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:51:41 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer