SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 05:37:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craiglist scam  (Read 8736 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 01:34:49 pm »

Does anyone know how this works? How can you send a payment via western union to a person in the USA and they get it in Africa? I got hit on a scam buying from an international vendor but it was only for a few hundred. I bought samples before buying the real thing. They had me send the money western union to their home office in France and the scammer was in Benin? At that time I actually did legit business buying towels in Africa and had good luck with it. It went to a new distributor and it was a scam. They later sent me a message asking if I wanted to import the medical supplies and Morphine I had ordered. I had actually spoken to them about clean room grade wipers. So they are running a scam on multiple items. I played with them for a long time about the medical supplies and morphine. I strung them along for several months and they thought I was going to buy tens of thousands worth of drugs. But anyway they had me send the money to a person in France???

It a darn shame and they will probably be putting western union out of business as no one trusts sending money through them anymore due to scammers. I actually use WU in business for a lot of stuff. If I am buying something from China and its a small amount the fee for western union is cheaper than the charge to bank draft to china so we use western union and I have not had any problems. There is info all over the internet saying never use WU and that is not always true. How can people sleep at night knowing they are ruining the lives of others. Especially the people that target the elderly. My wifes Grandma is 84 years old and gets phone calls from scammers trying to get her to send them money for the international lottery she won and a lot of other stuff. She had almost fallen for it the first time they dd it. They said she had won an international lottery but first she had to pay the taxes on the money and they would send her the millions she had won. She was so excited and had already gotten the check and luckily she told my wife about it and she came and asked me about it and I informed her it was a scam. She has very little but all she could think of is how much that money could help her family and she had never thought of it being a scam. This happens too often and mainly to the elderly.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 01:44:07 pm »

Josh,
You can pick up the funds at ANY Western Union, which is why this method is so popular with scammers.   I show an ID that  claims my name is the person in thier system awaiting money, and  it's  done.  I can tell you I'm in waiting for a pick up in bosie, when in truth I am  in Trashcanistan.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:34:41 am »

I've got a couple more fake checks. laugh It costs them around $25 everytime they send one. I have another coming in a day or so. I'm cleaning out my garage and Mother's house so I have plenty of items to list. I just got one on the hook for the U-Select-It machine and it's listed at $250. They'll try and scam you on almost any amount. This would work on getting rid of the scammers. If you list something let them send you a fake check. I don't even delete the items like they tell you to do.
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 05:47:44 pm »

I think this is great...make them pay something and think twice about scamming people...the problem is there are so many suckers, they can afford the $25.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print