SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:46:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craiglist scam  (Read 8753 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« on: July 08, 2011, 12:35:52 pm »

Everytime I advertise something on craigslist I get the scammers coming out of the woodwork. veryangry I had 3 emails from the same person on 3 different ads this week. I got another one today and decided I'm going to let them send me another fake check. laugh They sent me a check next day air for some furniture from my mother's estate 2 weeks ago.  laugh I'm not getting any response from the ads anyway I guess I'll make them spend some money of their own.  laugh
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:03 pm »

Everything Ive sold on CL, I put down must come in person, no email or BS shipping item, you come here and get it
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:29:20 pm »

Id say let them send a check, puts more money back in our econmy to UPS, Fed ex or US Postal... why not.
just maybe not use your home address.. I use my business

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:33:05 pm »

I hate the scammers. You should contact the FBI. They have a scam department email address. They may want the check they sent you. Or possibly the bank manager may want it to help identify fake checks? You never know. You may be able to do some good with the fake check helping to catch these ass holes.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:32:45 pm »

I took it to the bank and they scanned it. I would love to put these people out of business. I'll do my part by letting them send me checks.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:56:51 am »

well, I have the scammer hooked. They asked me in an email If I was trustworthy because I will need to send money back for their shipper.  laugh Of course I am. Just waiting for that next day air package with the fake check. laugh
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 01:20:19 pm »

I always seem to get that email that basically has a picture attached saying something about I would like to buy the item(s) that you have for sale and the best part is that I have actually never posted anything for sale on craigslist only ads saying I was looking for stuff.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 12:51:25 pm »

I got the check today for $3000 on an item that was listed at $650. Next day air Fedex. It was printed on a 8 1/2 by 11 blank sheet of paper. The check didn't have perforations. You would have to cut it out with scissors. High tech operation.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:29:01 pm »

tell him your dog accidently chewed it, please rush you another check as you are anxious to complete the transaction.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:57:16 pm »

HA HA thats a good one! YEs say the dog ate it or it got wet in your mail box and the ink ran. I would say something like wow it got we and the ink ran on the check. That usually doesn't happen to checks. I have never seen the ink run on something like that. Oh well please send me another check. He will think your a complete idiot then see if he will send you another after that. Cost him a fortune in Fedex costs.

Im surprised the bank will accept a check that has been cut with scissors. They have to know it is a cheap fake. I never thought about taking their checks. I may go get a safe deposite box just to do that. It would be worth the fun of running them around
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: