SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:57:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke Signs Value question  (Read 8527 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: June 30, 2009, 08:01:29 pm »

I found a few signs and was wondering of these were a good find or not. The one side of the flange sign is nice but the other side isn't very good. The big fishtail sign is in good shape. It has some scratches but its nice. The Dr Pepper is flawless but it has been repainted by a sign painter. What are these worth? I like the flange and the fishtail but I don't know what to offer and what my maximum should be. Any thoughts?
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:59:29 pm »

Like the Dr Pepper one! I have seen that flange sell before for over $200. Have never seen the Coke fishtail sign. I say if the price is right, get them.

B

Brian  happydrinkers
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:23:33 pm »

I love that second one. I agree with if the price is right, grab it.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:25:23 pm »

Josh

The Large Fish Tail Sells Between $150+300 It Looks Nice Some Are Porcelain . I'd Pass on the Flang Sign It's Pretty Rough There Are Better ones out there . This Sign has Also been Reproduced .Also If You Like the Dp sign and it's priced Right . But I have NEVER seen a repainted sign (Un-less Really Really Rare ) Bring back a return on $ .

Just My 2 Cents
                                                           Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:46:11 pm »

I agree with LT...the flange sign has been reproduced so..... you get it re-painted
and sell it for the same $75.00?............................... I think not!
         The first sign is also porcelin, it's called a sled sign, but is rather big and un-embossed
and hard to display in a room so not a big demand for collectors.
         Dr Pepper sign looks nice, but if it has been repainted it's in the same class as the flange sign. Purchase with caution Josh, as you may end up owning them for quite a while.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 08:47:38 am »

Chiming in late, but agree with previous posts.. the most valuable one is the Coke Fishtail Sled sign as it is most likely Porcelain.. again condition ,condition condition.. Perfect condition, that sign is worth 450+, much less when you have chips, dents etc.. plus the size limits it's value.. offer 150 for it. Others pass unless you can get them for under 25.00 each for wall hangers.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 12:04:11 pm »

Josh,
I have the coke fishtail sign in porcelin just like the one in the photo. I paid 275 a few years ago for it.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 01:47:41 pm »

Thats a good price, was is porcelain?

Before soda machine collecting ,all I did was advertising signs, Hence the name Signguy.. but haven't done much in that for some time now..

I used to have a large inventory of signs, many New Old Stock that I bought from a wharehouse sale from a closed plant.

anyway,, I was getting 450-500 for mint New Old Stock Sled signs like these.. but prices have come down, just as in soda machines... Just the times I guess.. I haven't bought a sign for over 3 years now..but of course haven't found much that I like..

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 02:41:24 pm »

Josh ,
               I enlarged the Picture Of the Dp sign .It Looks Like It had a LARGE amount of surface rust pryor to being repainted .I leave it .

Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 10:07:58 pm »

I agree on the DP sign. My initial thought was that the repaint job is not a very good one. It looks rough. Pass.

Does the fishtail dimensional sign have cuts in the middle at the top and bottom?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »

The whole deal smells fishy. I walked away from it all. They won't even give me a price and we have been talking about them for two weeks. Its all junk. Oh well than you for the advice.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 05:23:01 pm »

I am limiting myself to only buying really nice signs, preferable ones with the baked enamel finishes. I  sold a large sled sign like the one pictured for $350.00. That was about a year ago. The rough signs never really sold very well. 

I recommend you stick with the "no" on any repainted signs and any you find too rough for your on liking. If you question it, others will too.

Good luck
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »

When I started collecting .. long time ago. I was buying anything I found. mostly rough stuff as I didn't dare spend alot.. I tried for years to sell that rough stuff and make a profit, very hard. A Friend, Thank you, finally told me if your going to do this and wanna make some money at it, don't buy 5 really crappy signs, buy one nice NOS or near mint sign, so started doing that and after a few years was able to buy and turn signs for a profit, enough  to start to pay for the hobby and some extra toys, and eventually machines and so forth..
moral of the story, buy the good stuff, it is the only stuff that is worth any more than what you pay for it...Eventually..

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: