SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 01:11:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke Signs Value question  (Read 8594 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »

The whole deal smells fishy. I walked away from it all. They won't even give me a price and we have been talking about them for two weeks. Its all junk. Oh well than you for the advice.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 05:23:01 pm »

I am limiting myself to only buying really nice signs, preferable ones with the baked enamel finishes. I  sold a large sled sign like the one pictured for $350.00. That was about a year ago. The rough signs never really sold very well. 

I recommend you stick with the "no" on any repainted signs and any you find too rough for your on liking. If you question it, others will too.

Good luck
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »

When I started collecting .. long time ago. I was buying anything I found. mostly rough stuff as I didn't dare spend alot.. I tried for years to sell that rough stuff and make a profit, very hard. A Friend, Thank you, finally told me if your going to do this and wanna make some money at it, don't buy 5 really crappy signs, buy one nice NOS or near mint sign, so started doing that and after a few years was able to buy and turn signs for a profit, enough  to start to pay for the hobby and some extra toys, and eventually machines and so forth..
moral of the story, buy the good stuff, it is the only stuff that is worth any more than what you pay for it...Eventually..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: