SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 01:04:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Id this big thing  (Read 23123 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 09:11:55 am »

Pixel

I am sure your machine has the same set up as mine so it will only have one inside evaporator coil.  Above the evaporator is a mount for the two fan motors that is shaped to force the cold air towards the sodas that are in the augers about to be despensed. My machine would cool the pre-cool area down to 40 degrees without the fan motors working but when I moved the thermometer up in the cabinet the temp would only get down to  50.

The key thing to check would be check if air is moving inside the cabinet. Even with one fan motor running your machine will still cool down sodas. It may just take longer to reach the tempreture setting of the thermostat.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 09:49:12 am »

Hello

Here are two more pictures

The first picture shows the refrigeration unit out after cleaning & prior to paint &  new fan motor.

The second picture is of the inside of the cabinet. The black on the bottom is a product that my AC sevice manager brought to me to try. It is called pan patch & kind of like Rino liner.  I am not sure  I need it but this machine has turned into a company project with everyone helping. I thought I would try it & maybe someone  here may need it in the future. I am going to try to spray paint the black with silver paint this afternoon.

Plus you can see the two new fan motors & the metal hanging down is the new evaporator pan that was disconnnected to remove the refrigeration unit.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 07:44:27 pm »

Hello

Here is the inside of the cabinet after I painted silver over the black under coating. It looks a little strange because the bottom of the cabinet is scratched. I think it will work well for machines with pan rust through.

I also have installed the wiring harness from the "Soda Jerk". Once again it worked great.

I finally figured out something else. The right most slot in the can rack is double sided. Well that is where you load the soda that you sell the most of. Well this slot was not working until I removed the micro switch & found that the selection button was installed upside down. I reversed the push button, check & now will have a five selection vending machine. Of course the button five will be Mountain Dew.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 09:33:03 pm »

I have a choice vend 168 and a 299. My 299 has 3 evaporator motors, and 3 rows that are double columns for cans, there are 4 holes they dispense out of. You can get the t-handle ( 6- 9/16") long from (vendors exchange International). I bought two cylinders so they are both keyed alike. They have a $25 min. order but they have several choice vend items such as the sold out lights, evap.motors,etc.:Wink:
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 11:23:59 pm »

Hey

Great information.

How do you take apart the little sold out light holders?

I am not really sure my machine is a 299 but it is a 5 selection big boy.

I am going to check out that website.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2006, 11:42:35 pm »

Hello

Can you give me a link to that website for the CV sold out light bulbs?

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Pixel
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2006, 12:15:36 am »

If by "sold out bulbs" you're talking about the white plastic cylinder shaped unit that the bulb is made into-the one with the little red plastic lens, I looked here while back on the Vendor's Exchange website, I couldn't find that one. I emailed them about several CV parts and never heard back.

Kevin, does your big CV have service valves somewhere on the cooling system?

My machine doesn't cool, but even worse I can't find service valves at the compressor to even get it checked.

My machine had a slip of paper left inside from who knows when that read "HOT out of order" indicating the cooling system might have needed service at some point during its use, but unless the service valves are somewhere besides the compressor (like the evaporator maybe) I don't know how it would have been fixed.
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 08:45:31 am »

The website is <www.veii.com>. the sold out lights include the whole white plastic  housing and are less than $2 (part #ve644) the t-handleis (part #ve227e). On my first order they sent me their catalog, it's about a inch thick with parts for alot of different machines. If you look on ebay for a "brown mfg bottle opener" with the 3 mounting holes, not the starr-x. It mounts in the hole. You can adjust the back of the racks, and you can change the amount of augers and position of the gears to vend bottles. There are spacer plates that hang on the racks to adust if the bottles are smaller diameter than the cans
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 11:03:51 am »

Hmmm

Interesting information.

Yes I need the little white plastic light covers with the pop-in red tips.

The spacers? Now you will have me spinning even more wondering it I can get Red Bull to vend from the CV.

I could not sleep last night because the CV is on the verge of being completed & I just kept going over the final details of  parts I need & things to  check prior to putting it back together.

Thanks

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2006, 11:06:12 am »

Hello

No my refrigeration unit does not have service valves. I was lucky in that aspect that my cooling system worked except for the fan motors.

Where are you located? If you are close to SC I may beable to help.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print