SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 04:24:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Id this big thing  (Read 23053 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2006, 10:01:54 am »

Timsmore

I am pretty sure mine is not a CV 299 but it is a five selection machine that looks like yours.

The defrosting issue was spinning in my head all night & I came up with installing a timer on the refrigeration part of the system. I will set the timer to shut down the refrigeration system & allow the ice to melt for an hour or so every night. This will be like the defrost cycle an older refrigerator.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006, 11:46:18 am »

If air is being blown across the cooling coils the ice should not form. Or if ice does start to appear, the thermostat should sense that temperature and shut the compressor down.

Glen
cvb141
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 09:00:59 pm »

The Choice Vends did come with a provision for defrost for high humidity. There is a jumper wire on the wiring harness you can remove and add in the defrost control. Have you checked for other possible causes for it freezing up?
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 10:02:57 pm »

Hello

Yes we have been talking about the possible causes.

We are going to recover the hot shot, evacuate & recharge with a new can of hotshot. This time we are going to weigh-in the charge to ensure we get the proper amount.

Plus we are going to relocate the position of the T-stat sensing tip.

Plus I am having issues with the high volume vending stack. This stack is the double vending stack but several times this week the augers did not spin enough to drop the can. I am going to unload/reload this stack to see if this will solve the situation. If not I will load this stack with my diet coke & move the mountain dew over.

Machine repair & issues.  I love the challenge & the hunt for the answer.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
cvb141
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2006, 12:14:39 am »

Hey Kevin,
Sounds like you got a handle on things. Wasn't you trying to get the two Pepsi machines in Pauline? Did you get them?
Jerry

Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2006, 01:13:34 pm »

Hello

CVB141 -Jerry

yes that was me but I thought I had better lay out for that auction. My 6th sense was kicking in & thought it would be a  long frosty time with my wife if I jumped on another auction. I passed.

Now the CV

Today we removed all the soda's, thawed the upper coil, relocated the thermostat sensor tip to a location right below the coil, evacuated & recharged the refrigeration system.  We then reloaded the soda & switched the diet coke to the vending row that was having problems. That way I can moniter the problem & maybe solve it.

I hope this solves the issues with the CV.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Pixel
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2006, 03:21:17 pm »

Kevin,

How much would you say the cooling deck weighs - specifically, both coils, the compressor, and the refrig lines?
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2006, 08:19:46 pm »

Pixel

I don't think it weighs that much but it is long between the upper coil & the lower deck. If you are going to remove it have a helper so that you wont crimp the refrigeration lines. If you look at my pictures you will see the upper coil resting on a chair with the compressor on the ground.

My issue now is that one side of the high volume vending row has started to eat the cans. This may explain why it was marked out of order when I bought the machine. This row just started spinning but not despensing a can. So this was causing problems with my workers here at work.

On the bright side my soda vending, Red Bull vending & coin changer operation here at work brought in $120 this week. I will have to moniter it for a few weeks because we had free soda's with lunch one day. It does give me some money to play with. Plus I loaded up the Lance candy machine today so I hope that works out.

Now back to the choice vend eating cans.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
cvb141
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2006, 11:35:13 pm »

Hey Kevin & Pixel
If you guys need any vending gear motors or the vending gears, I have some extra ones and your welcome to them.
Jerry
timsmore
10 Cent Member

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2006, 12:40:12 am »

Kevin,

I took my machine inside apart today.  I noticed that the spindles are labeled front. front center, rear center, and rear.  Maybe one of yours is in the wrong spot.  Just a thought.  Any idea if it makes a difference which row I set for longnecks.  Once I had the spindle apart I realized what the sticker inside the main door was referring to about different set ups for cans as single and double feed and which spindles to remove for each setup.  See attached images.  Maybe this can help you.

Tim

VMC-77-Money maker in garage
Choice Vend  CVC-223  Work in progress-Back burner
Vendo Decorator--In tear down
One not quite identified!?!? Late 70's -early 80's
Westinghouse waiting for shipment--Model forthcoming
WHATS HAPPENING TO ME?!? Thanksgiving 2005 was my first machine!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: