SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 10:10:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan motor pictures  (Read 2667 times)
cokentn
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:01:19 pm »

Ok, I know it looks bad to all of you machine officiandos, but this is my first machine to own. I had just got it in the garage and drank a cold one out of it when the fan went out.
Thanks for all your help,
Mark

and

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 09:37:56 pm »

Hello, Mark
               And Welcome to the site . I'm just catching up with your problem . Here are 2 other ways That Might ?? Remove the Screws .    Please Recheck to insure there Are NO nut under the mounting plate .I just helped my Buddy with a fan mount change & He had nut's under the plate

1. Respray them with wd-40 use a Long screw driver (Old ) clamp visegrips on to it & as your putting pressure on the screwdriver to turn have someone tap the top with a hammer .This will send shock's through the screw & plate .Allowing the wd-40 to get around the threds.
2. They make a Hammer punch that has screwdriver bits that can be installed in the end .As you hit it with a hammer the tip can be set to turn eather way slightey which will assit in looseing the screw .

I use to do a LOT of work on cars & this All most worked every time .

Good Luck !!!

Leonard 

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:08:39 pm »

I've had good luck with using a Dremel to cut a notch in the head of screws.  Then, use can use a flat-tip attachement for a drill to get them out.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:49:48 am »

Hello & Welcome

First machines always creates excitement.

After looking at your pictures I would remove the entire cooling system (lower condensor section & the upper evaporator) from the machine. Have someone help you as you pull it out so that you dont crimp the freon lines that join the two parts together.  Place the whole cooling system on a table with something ( I use a box) to hold the evaporator up. This will make the removing of the fan motor easy with an extended rachet wrench with I think a 1/2 socket. I would then spray the lower coil with a havy coating of some type cleaner and then back spray it with the water hose to remove all the crud.

I would install the following items new --wiring harness which can be ordered from the Soda Jerks a sponsor of our website, install two new fans motors and a new thermostat which you can get from the Soda Jerk or your local Heating/Air supply company (Baker Brothers, Coastline etc) I also spray paint the lower coil & compressor black.

Reinstall and then enjoy a cold one.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
Pages: [1]   Go Up