SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 10:21:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is that the cheapest you got?  (Read 12519 times)
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« on: October 17, 2011, 06:35:50 pm »

Okay Guys. Nothing against anyone, but is it just me or does everyone think compressor work, parts and labor...have gone DOWN in these times?  veryangry Has anyone bought a roll of copper tubing or a 30 lb jug of freon lately? How about shipping prices or new compressor prices?

PSA (public service announcement)  ...coke machine collecting IS NOT a cheap hobby. If you buy a machine, and someone tells you, "all it needs is a little freon"...don't expect me to give you a "break" or a "discount" because you believed it was going to be an easy "fix".

Thank you for your time.

(I've had 5 of these in the last 3 days)  censored

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 08:07:30 pm »

I understand fully Eric. $900.00 for a jug of R-12.....yikes!

It's amazing how many ads read "only needs a shot of freon"  biggrin
These machines are not like old tires that lose air after many years. If they are low on freon, it usually means there is a leak which has to be found and fixed before it can be charged. $$$

Glen
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:13:12 pm »

thanks Glen...I just needed to "vent". Monday...jeeze!  wow

Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:15:50 pm »

Here here!  My hats off to you for being able to deal with the customer relations aspect on a regular basis!  Seems I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to dealing with stupidity.  I always swore when I finally got my executive desk job that I would have a sign put on the wall in big giant letters that read, "Stupidity never ceases to @$%#&$* amaze me!"

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »

Ken...I've been in all aspects, from industrial compressor rebuilding, vending maching referb(ing), and now, the antique end of things. I've delt with either the "service company" or the general public, for the last 23 years. Today was just a rough day and after "5" calls since Thursday, I guess I "popped"!!! It's all good though, and tomorrow is a new day!  upside

Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:29:51 pm »

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.  Thanks for doing what you do for all of us!!!  You ARE appreciated!   happydrinkers

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:31:49 pm »

Welcome to today's retail.  Wal-Mart mentality has driven the small family style profitable business down.  The internet has not helped either.  Someone always has something cheaper.  The idea of supporting someone who is "brick and mortar" has gone away.  Nevermind there is a store who you can keep in business, or a person to guide you if you have trouble.  

90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 08:04:50 am »

Another sad part of today is the things we buy tend to fall into the "throw-away" category.  Appliances, in particular, fall into this.  Our antique machines had cooling systems built to last, just like the old refrigerators.  Compare one of those cooling systems to the one in your new high-dollar frig and you'll just shake your head in sadness.

When it comes to getting things built, repaired, etc. you have to pay for quality work.  Naturally, we don't want to pay more than necessary, but we should never EXPECT to pay LESS than necessary.  I will admit I shop in Wal-Mart, but not for everything.  Some of the stuff just isn't up to the quality I want to have.

Eric, rest assured, your work is TOP NOTCH, and you are MORE than fair.  If some yahoo can't realize that, tell them to pee up the proverbial rope.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:20:08 am »

I love all the ads for machines for sale,, where they want BIG Money for any old coke cooler and say "Great old Coke COoler, WOrth 5-6000 on ebay, for sale for 2500, all there , Does not cool".

and then when you contact them , they say... "oh it only needs a little shot of freon"...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 09:22:27 am »

hahaha...that's it, "just needs a little freon" !  tounge

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: