SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:52:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette and U-Pop-It  (Read 10728 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: September 27, 2009, 11:47:42 am »

After much consideration and coaching from the wife - I am thinking of selling my popcorn machines.  I kinda fell into both of them and I am running out of room for my soda machines.  The popperette is 100% complete and original.  The U-Pop-it is 99 % complete and all original.  Brian hooked me up with a guy who has my missing actuator arm, and once complete - I think I'll go the Ebay route.  I hope i don't regret it, but I think I will test the waters and if they don't sell - I guess I was meant to keep them.   I return from Canada on Oct 10th and hope to have the missing arm by then.....   Any thoughts ?  Or am I crazy for even thinking about it ? 

Bob
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:07:26 pm »

No Bob, you're not crazy. After all, who needs 2 popcorn machines...who even NEEDS 1 popcorn machine? ( I do)!  biggrin

I really don't have an answer for you but I always thought I liked the Popperette best, until you pictured them side by side. Now I think I favor the looks of the U-pop-it better.     Anyone else care to express an opinion?

Glen
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:26:05 pm »

Bob,

Did u get the manual i sent you? I found the coin reject button in my pile of stuff. So do u need the bat wing? Wish the best on the sale.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 12:29:38 pm »

I had a popcorn machine once. It was years ago and I thought I didn't really have the room for it, so I sold it. I miss that machine.

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 12:39:45 pm »

I'd sell the wife instead. laugh

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:53:56 pm »

Bob,
I'll give you $50 for the Popperette - that will double your investment - right?
I too have been thinking I need to sell some items - so little time and too much stuff!
Good luck with the sales!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 01:28:17 pm »

Bob,

I too am partial to the looks of the U-Pop-it!  I don't yet have a popcorn machine, and would like to one day.  I know how the wife can suggest the sale of things, and it seems the best to do.  Perhaps she would be happy with the profit realized from the sale of one of the two and allow you to keep the other (provided you actually use one of them).  If they just sit collecting dust, then the pestering to sell seems to get louder!  I know my wife is ok with the working things, but gets annoyed with the things that just sit and don' t work.  In the long run, do what you feel is best and don't look back!

Or, I can come pick them both up from you and get them out of your hair!   biggrin  Save you the trouble of selling them!   tounge

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 01:54:53 pm »

Greg - That is exactly where I am sitting on the machines.  Everyone loves my soda and candy machines because they are used every day. The Popperette  works fine, but i just don't use it.   The U-Pop-It needs electrical work before it can be tried out -   In my opinion - they should both be restored and I just don't know if I want to turn that corner....   When I do list them, I will be on the high end, that way I will not have any regrets, and if they don't sell - that's ok too..   I guess I'll cross that bridge later - first  - I have a big walleye swimming around up north with my name on it !!!

Bob
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 08:26:23 pm »

I would sell the one you like least first... you get your money and your happy/content then you still have one.
later on if you still feel you don't need any popcorn machines sell the other....
I prefer the U-Pop-It over the other also.... looks like it should be in a old theatre hallway
next to a Coke (or Pepsi) machine.....
 but that's my 2 cents.... sell one at a time... best of luck!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 09:10:27 pm »

either way bob, your in a good position, you have both of the best machines out there, figure which one you'd miss the most and keep it for now and sell the other.
I have a popperrette and love it ,use it almost every weekend for a few bags of popcorn for foot ball game snack.. would like to have the u pop it too, but can't justify having both.. but would be fun.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: