SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:06:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette and U-Pop-It  (Read 10730 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 05:25:50 am »

I like the U-pop-it style better after seeing them side by side. Thats a tough decision.. good luck.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 08:35:09 pm »

For me, the U-Pop-It has a more 50's vending machine look, like the soda, candy and cigarette machines of the era. If I had one, there's no way I would sell it unless I REALLY needed the money. Good luck in your decision, I wish I had it to make.  tounge
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 09:30:37 pm »

I think I am the only one partial to the Popperette.  I have seen both together and I like the Popperette better.  I like the forties look.  A lot of tiers and trim, plus the globe on top filled with corn tops it off.  The U Pop its look more like a gas pump or Coke machine.  Bob's Popperette doesn't have the usual stand with the trim, which takes away from the look a bit.  He has the other style stand, with the hinged door.  His is the second one that I have seen like that.

As far as watching one work, the U Pop It would be more interesting to watch. 

Does anyone have a video of a U Pop It working???

A lot of stuff.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 02:15:46 am »

Cool machines! Since they aren't being used take the cash and buy something that the entire family can enjoy.
Hope the sales go well!!
Creighton

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 08:37:35 am »

As a current owner of a Popperette and a restorer of both versions of the U-Pop-It/Minit-Pop I will have to say that from a purely looks basis I like the Popperette better for basically the same reasons as Larry.

As far as operationally, I like the U-Pop-It better. As the machine runs thorugh a cycle there is more to watch. Also, there is a whole lot less that can go terribly wrong with the U-Pop-It that would render the machine useless and looking at a lot of money to fix with the only exception being the Hot Plate which will fail regardless of what the operator does to it short of a direct hit by lightning or a serious over-voltage situation.

A video is one thing I don't think I have. Matt?

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 03:23:05 pm »

I'm on the fence too, I love the restored U pop it.. it looks great, but being a popperette owner, I love it as it provides some different shapes in my collection of "Square" shape machines and Gas pumps...They are both great machines, but if they aren't being used, or you just don't like them anymore, sell them off and get something else.. that is the great thing about this hobby,, soo much to want, hunt for and find..!

Larry and I both have videos of the Popperette working on You Tube, but can someone please post a video of the U Pop it working,, I too have never seen on in operation...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 09:37:06 pm »

Well guys i dont have a video. Maybe John can come down and film it post it for me.  biggrin  I would keep the one you like the best.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 08:56:25 am »

They sure are a beautiful thing when all restored.. looks great Matt..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 04:52:35 pm »

What the heck, I'd take either one of the machines. darn darn I really don't need another hobbie!!

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 06:45:40 am »

Another hobby?? These machines all fall under the ever expanding umbrella of "Things that take coins". In my book it's all in the same family. Therefore, the same hobby! See, isn't that an easier way of looking at it?  biggrin

Brian
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: