SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 12:23:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Tiny Collection  (Read 8361 times)
buschgator
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:58:51 pm »

I started this hobby of collecting about 8 months ago.  It has been enjoyable reading all of the stuff you all talk about on a regular basis.  Your collections are extremely impressive. 

Anyways, over the past 8 months I have acquired a machine and a few small items put around it.

Ignore the arcade game.  That doesn't fall in the "vintage" category.

Thanks for the help along the way so far!

-Ryan
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:11:56 pm »

Well Welcome to the site Ryan And so far your doing great smile.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:18:19 pm »

Welcome aboard ,Ryan

Yea I started out 7-8 years ago With 1 machine a sign a clock THEN it Happened AAAAHHHHH Now 20 machines Later & a couple hundred other Items I'v slowed down a Little  tounge

Happy Hunting !!!                     Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
buschgator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:07:11 pm »

I think I need a real small machine.  Not sure which one.  I just don't have much room in the garage.  Any suggestions?

And thanks for the comments guys!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 11:14:24 pm »

Love the clock... Have been after something like that for a while...
Cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:01:36 am »

welcome aboard, and hope your collection keeps growing.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 05:37:00 am »

Very nice.. I think most of us started out that way.. little by little, things just start to follow you home.

Arcade games fit into this category.. its hard to see in the pic.. What is it?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 07:41:33 am »

Ryan,

First off, Welcome!  biggrin

Most soda pop machines differ in their physical "footprint" as you well know. If you are looking for a machine that is not quite as wide as your other, conside a Cavalier 55 or a Westinghouse 44. The Cavalier 55 can be found in a single drink and 2 drink version and has an electric coin mech and vending mech. The Westinghouse is single drink and has a mechanical coin mech and vending mech. They can both handle up to 12oz bottles and can vend cans with the proper spacers installed.

They are both thin profile machines with the Cavalier 55 being 16" wide and the Westinghouse being 18" wide.

I have owned both of these machines, still own the Cavalier 55, and can tell you that they are both quite nice and easy to work on.  The machine on the left is the Westy 44SK and the machine on the left is the Cav 55.

Just my two cents!   biggrin

Brian
buschgator
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 11:59:50 am »

As for the next machine, I'm thinking I might like one that is short rather than one that is tall and narrow like the Westy44 or the Cav55, but Brian your 2 machines look great!

Maybe I should look for a spin top or something along those lines for "small."  Any other suggestions of a good smaller(short) machine?

Dave - I came across that clock randomly here locally where I am in florida.  Anyone know the value of it? (not for sale, just curious)

Bubba - To answer your question about the arcade game....its a Golden Tee (2005).  I'm a golfer, so it was a good fit for me.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 01:51:08 pm »

Get a VMC 27.  Can't get much smaller than that.  Try a slider, they're small.  The Cornelius Compact 50 is small and affordable.  You can find them for around a hundred bucks or less.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: