SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 11:21:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 90 - Alive and well!  (Read 3513 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« on: July 13, 2009, 08:33:10 am »

About 6 months ago I picked up a beater V90 locally for $75. The refrigeration was shot but the machine was otherwise in decent working condition with only few bottle shelves missing and the vending stack rigged for free vend.

I met up with Josh a couple of weekends ago to pick up a jukebox and a free, working refrigeration deck that had been removed from a transitional Vendolator 81.

Long story short, I shoe-horned the donor deck into my V90 and it works like a champ! The only prob is the lines on the 81 deck are configured for the right hand side instead of the left side like the V90 requires.

After a a lot of inspection and flipping the deck around, I came to the conclusion that the refrigeration lines cannot be physically bent or moved into a position that would facilitate the evaporator being installed the "correct way". In fact, no matter how you orient the deck in the lower compartment, there is no way to install the evaporator so that it sits facing the proper direction (fins to the front, fan pulling air from front to back). If you try to instal it as is with the lines on the right you run into the problem of the main door liner having no cut-out for the lines and the main door itself doesn't have the cut-out as well.

So.......ended up installing the deck perpendicular to it's original, correct position. Basically the compressor is nearest the main door and the condensor coil is next to the back of the machine with the evaporator also being perpendicular to it's original position. Doesn't affect operation of the machine.

Is it the way it was intended to be installed? Nope! Does it work and does it look decent, Yep! Either way.....

Vendo - $90
Trip to Dayton, OH - $40
Getting a free, working refrigeration deck from a good buddy that you haven't seen in 4 years - PRICELESS!   biggrin

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:28:08 am »

That is great news! I am so happy that the deck made it OK and works for you. I had a great time chatting with you and am happy you got these parts and brought a good machine back to life. How is the G120 project? Have you done anything to it? Let me know when you get it together. I can't wait to see if it works.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:34:24 am »

Let's see pics Brian

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:28:11 pm »

The AMI G-120 is waiting patiently until I'm done messing around with my F-120. I did examine it pretty closely and I think with some good technique and proper pre-alignment, it will fire up no problem!

I am however going to re-work the amp after at the same time I do the F-120 amp. I would say re-cap but I'm doing more than re-capping. I'm re-capping, replacing pre-amp resistors (and any other bad resistors), replacing power cord and then repaint/re-label/re-decal and test.

I'll post some pics of the V 90 soon. I warn you though it's not very pretty!!  laugh

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: