SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 11:55:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleveland Neon Coke Marquee Clock!  (Read 14945 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 03:55:54 pm »

John,

Without sounding to skeptical, can you verify this is an original CC advertising clock...?
There have been many good reproductions over the years for many of the soda brands...
Very nice Cleveland none the less ! ! !
Thanks Jim,
I am 100% certain it's original. I know there have been are still are some fantasy and repopped clocks out there, most of those have been limited to the PAM style Clocks and Double Bubble Clocks. The only part that I know that has been reproduced for this clock is the marquee top piece and was availble for a short time, until the Coke police put a stop to it.. Waynes clocks has the other branded marquess for Rc Cola, Pepsi, and 7up. He no longer has the coke top on his site.
Generally when it comes to these items, you can just tell the craftsmanship, what it's made of , and the general look and feel of the item. I am 100% certain it's the real deal and someone would have to prove to me different.  iF it where shiney as a penny with no fading and things like a 50+ year old item would have, I would have definatlely been skeptical before buying it.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 04:02:27 pm »

:Great find John   smile , So this belonged to one of you clients ?
 it is very cool congrats on the great find.

Yes Pat,
On my desk in my office, i have a collage of pop machines, gas pumps and advertising and it reads , " I collect vintage pop machines, gas pumps and related advertising". when a customer sits at my desk to go over the insurance, they all see it and I have had a few "hits" off it so far.
This story, I'll make it short, went like this.
Client comes into my office , talks about insurance, sees my ad and says he has this old coke clock in his garage. Said he got in in 1953 from Coke when he owned a Gas station in southern wisconsin. He took it off the building and with him in 77 when he sold the station nad it's been hanging in his garage for the past 20 years or so. I asked about it and wanted to see it when I went out to his place to finalize the insurance. I made an offer to buy it right then and there, (just happend to have some $$ in my pocket, in case) We agreed upon a price and I took it home. SUre wish he had a whole garage full of stuff from that old Gas STation , but I can't complain!
Pays to advertise what you collect, you never know what you'll find.. This clock has been righ here in my home town for years, would have never known about it without the ad..

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 08:57:15 pm »

Nice clock!! Great find.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pat Pixley
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 11:29:35 pm »

That great John, and all I have in my office is this
setting between to chairs, and all I get is a stories of the
M-78 Drive in theater  in East lansing where I once work back in my teens  help
I think I'm going to have to bring in a machine 
and see what that gets me  Oo.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:35:37 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 02:24:45 pm »

I'm working on acquiring an old neon clock as we speak... Hopefully, it'll pan out...
Well, it panned out and it only cost a BIG Thank You ! ! !
Not the same quality as John's Coke Clock pictured previously, but the price was right ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 03:05:26 pm »

Great looking clock Jim, was it made for any specific brand of soda or gas/oil company or just a generic neon clock.. .I especially like the rats nest on the bottom of it..

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »

No particular brand, just blue and red numbering, blue hands and a blue body. What is unusual to me is the second neon tube is behind the semi-translucent face. You can make it out in the second photo, just inside the numbers.

My six cents,

Jim

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 09:25:28 pm »

Great clock Jim !! I'm glad it worked out . I Love Neon  blush

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 09:51:40 pm »

Great looking Cleveland Jim! There is one just like that hanging on the side of a building in my home town in Ohio. I have tried to buy it for a long time. I can never seem to get the right person. But everyone I talk to says a lot of people have tried to buy it over the years. It is always on but hasn't shown the right time for as long as I can remember. They are great looking clocks and they are in very high demand. Luckily almost all of the parts are available
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 08:09:30 pm »

I know where there is one hanging in a borough building in PA, but I have never stopped to ask about it.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: