SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 03:08:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm back on-line  (Read 5454 times)
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« on: September 07, 2008, 08:19:13 am »

Hi All
  After several months of not being on SMC I'm back. A great big thanks to Jim for getting me straightened out and helping me sign back on. My computer crashed several months ago and I'm not very savvy with this thing at all. Turned out I had to have the hard drive replaced and lost everything(including many of my childrens pictures), the tech who got me up and running again set things up in Lynix for me so he says things will work better now.
  Glad to be back.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:33:29 am »

Tom

The hard drive would have really had to be turned to dust not to be able to retrieve some stuff...
I had the same problem about two months ago... It cost me about $70.00 but I managed to get back about 1000 photos.. Might be worth hunting around to see if someone can do something for you. Photos are precious...

Dave
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:22:48 am »

Hey Tom... Glad to see you around... sorry to hear about the pc crash.. If you still have the old drive, I may be able to rescue some stuff for you.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 09:51:16 am »

Yes I have had a hard drive crash in the past. I took the dead drive to a computer company that specialized in recovering information and they were able to save everything. It only cost about $100. Now you should go buy an external hard drive and keep backups. I personally have two external hard drives that I keep up to date backups on and I keep them in different locations just in case. You never know what can happen and you don't want to loose your data.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 11:53:47 am »

Loosing photos is the same as loosing memories.  That's a shame! down

I try to remember events, in my mind, and I'll usually come up with a blurry image of the event.  I love pictures and video.  It makes memories more clear.

What I do to save my pictures is load them on a Flash Drive or Jump Drive, same thing, different name.  Stick it in your computer port and download your pics.  They're cheap and small.

A lot of stuff.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:38:42 pm »

Glad to see you back Tom!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:26:01 pm »

Glad your back Tom ! ! !

I just recently changed my work-flow because I lost 4,500 photos between TWO separate hard drives, working drive and a backup drive. My suggestion is to include backing up to cd/dvd every so often.
My case involved Micro$soft's RAW image viewer plugin. After a major system overhaul, I installed a newer and improved MS RAW image viewer not knowing what was to come, which corrupted ALL my Nikon NEF(raw) files on the drives! Fortunately, I backup my family stuff to dvd regularly and didn't loose any of the irreplaceable photos.

My six cents,

Jim

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 01:39:06 pm »

Hi, Tom

Glad your back with us  smile .I am the same way with computers .To quote a famous line I KNOW NOTHING !!  But after having the same problem you did I back up all my pictures .

I am also recovering from Neck Surgery .I had to have a Disk replaced last week & if it was'nt for the internet & SMC Id be going CRAZY  tounge NOW . I was running around the week before trying to get thing done & caught up ( Never ) And ran out of time & I'm just now being able to move around a little .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pat Pixley
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 03:44:05 pm »

Glad your back Tom  smile
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 11:26:03 pm »

Hey Tom,
I was beginning to wonder where you went. Welcome back online..

any new finds to share ?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 07:34:26 pm »

Thanks for all the kind posts guys. Ken I may take you up on helping with retrieving some images off the hard drive, my guy has had no luck so far. I will purchase one of those sticks you can just plug into a port so I back up my pictures.
  As far as the summer and projects go....Worked out a deal with Joey for the Double Cola Quickold to be picked up in Chicago(thanks Eric). Bought a Dugrenier candy machine to be picked up in Chicago. Got a Wurlitzer 1100 for a ground-up restore, and an Exhibit Supply Novelty Merchantman Crane machine. Closing a deal on a (tech-tron?) Grapette clock that is o-so sweet in the next couple of weeks. Got a slot machine coming soon and closing a deal on a really cool National Penny Scale. Been kinda busy.......

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 07:22:08 am »

Damn Tom... Been busy.... I keep meaning to call you, but I never remember at the right time....  blush

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: