SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 07:29:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good finds in Chicago? Anyone go????  (Read 6130 times)
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 08:44:26 pm »

Sorry for the long delay in responding to the post. First time I've been on the site since the show. Going away for a few days really throws a wrench into the household routines.
  Overall I though the show was very poor. I sold nothing large in the parking lot on Saturday, only a few small things. I believe the main factor was the economy, both for the buyers, and sellers. It cost me a solid $500+ in fuel, $50+ in tolls, room, food, sellers fees. I figure about a Grand total. It's very hard to make that kind of profit. The high cost has certainly played a factor that there have been less and less sellers. Along with the whole e-bay thing.
   I didn't find a single item at the show that I really wanted, except a repro coke Cop that had already sold(damn). I did see a beautiful Vendo 27 restored in Dr. Pepper that was sooooo sweet.
On a positive note, I made all my transactions ahead of time. I pre-sold 2 soda machines, 2 jukeboxes, and 3 vintage arcade games. I bought 1 juke, 1 soda chest(origonally for Eric), a vendo changer, and a couple of old Exibit Supply Arcade card vendors. I really enjoy seeing everyone and having some good food and drink.
   The Spring Show last year was pretty lame also. I think in the future I'm going to stick with the Fall shows only.
  BTW....I probably had the rarest coke piece, a Victor 1 door.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:46 pm »

Wow Tom... sorry to hear that... I've been soo busy there was no way I could go..

So what vids did you get?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 10:40:52 am »

You were selling a single door Victor? Got a pic?

Glen
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 05:33:56 pm »

Here's my Coke sign that I picked up.  I used some double-sided foam tape and stuck it to the heater duct  oh .

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: