SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 11:52:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Movie Theater  (Read 8255 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« on: September 29, 2007, 09:41:47 am »

Hi,Eveyone  happydrinkers

I only have a few minutes .

First Im driving to the post office to get a money order for an item i got off greed bay . I round a small curve and see the weird'es thing  Oo A large black thing coming out a second story window & crashing to the ground  darn Yep a movie Projector I stop right in the middle of the street & YELL Stop DON'T do anymore ! Who's in Charge !!! I spoke with the forman and cot premission to look in the Old Theater called a Buddy I havent seen in 2 years He show up in 20 mimutes .Now Im loading in his van what left of the second Projector & Lights & Speakers & and other stuff i have NO Ideal what it is .My Buddy gives the guy's $30 bucks each .Then my friend ( Who is 68 ) Has me diving in the huge dumpster throwing at least 125 full & short rolls of film to him (Now I.v been there an Hour & I soupose to be Back at work !!)
Anyway after loading his van (Did I mention It's Raining the Hole time  censored First time in 3 weeks )
I did grap a few small items I thought were Cool off the Projector that was thrown out the window . I had to get back to work !!I did'nt even get to the post office & now I'm covered in Mud .
I return to the Theater an hour later to give the Forman a Busness card .For Later jops .One of the crew brings me a MOVIE poster from the movie Species 2 (1998) and it's a Holagram style (Cool ) I also load a short row ( 4 ) of the Theater Seats for another buddys Daughter for her yard .  All in All Majior F U N  !!!!

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 10:57:28 am »

Great story. Can't say I've ever had such a fun lunchhour....dumpster diving   biggrin
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:11:00 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:12:42 am »

Gr-8 lunch break ! ! !
Too bad there wasn't a soda machine in the back room...

My six cents,

Jim

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 12:12:48 pm »

Yeah, I'd love to hear more about the inside of the theater.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:12:43 pm »

I just can't believe that people still just chunk things out the window like that?
I'm glad you didn't have a face-to-face meeting with a client after dumpster diving in the rain....PU!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 04:16:13 pm »

Those old theater seats work well for maximum seating in
a minimum amount of space, plus the seat cushion springs up out
of the way when not in use.

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 07:23:08 pm »

What a great lunch hour!!
Post pics of what all you found and should be able to sort what it is. The old carbide arc projectors are very cool. Theater seats are worth good coin. If there are any art deco light fixtures left grab those as well. Looking forward to pics!!
Creighton
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:00:12 pm »

Hello' All  drinking

I'm Back !
The reason i only had a short time before is because I was called to go Back to the Theater  smile

Jim . There was nothing left of the Refreshment stand & no old machines .BUT the call was to pick-up a Cavalier CS-64 C Squre Corrner that was found in the celler  happydrinkers

Dan . Sorry They would not let me inside for safety reason .  darn I did bring a Hard hat Just in case .

Tom , Yep I stunk  & Check Picture for another Chunked piece of projector part .

Glen . Theres still a few left  ( See Picture )

Creighon . Sorry no light's or Fixtures left The Ceiling Metal was cool but they messed it up removing it . Maybe you'll know what kind of Projector they were from the part in Picture ??Posted

I did find a few more peices of glass marked Simplex for the side of the projector in the dumbster (Dirty again ) I added a couple of pictures to this Post & the next post Of the Theater & The Window that Projector's fly from  laugh

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 10:08:39 pm »

In your initial post you said the 4 theater seats are for your buddy's daughter's yard???

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:04 pm »

Free !!!!! Cavalier CS-64C   The sign was a mess !!! Really sticky black Mold ?Stuff on the seal around it .Took me 2 hours just to clean the sign  tounge Also ther was tape over the front coin entery area at one time .And it looks to me the Changer must have shorted out ? I have not pluged it in yet due to laying it on it's back for traveling .There were 3 slug rejectors with it .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: