SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 08:48:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vmc 81 rc embossing  (Read 23181 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 04:44:15 pm »

Jim, That's a great Idea!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 06:02:39 pm »

Serial numbers are a good idea are they all in sequence? or were they built at various times? If this guy had a die made wouldnt he be putting more on ebay as this one sold fairly quickly? Where are the other two?

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 06:46:00 pm »

As far as I can remember, the RC 81's were manufactured as one run in sequential order and only 200 may have been made...
Steve Jebb may have some additional info... Hopefully someone will have accurate data to post...l

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 08:20:04 pm »

Good Thoughts by all,,, I think though we do need to make the steps toward the copyright infingement... Who owns RC these days? I'lll do some digging tomorrow.. At least a letter or phone call to a few people with RC wouldn't hurt.. Not that we wanna lock the guy up, just stop him from selling something that could jeapordize this hobby.... someone should pose as a buyer and see if we can get this guy on the phone and explain to him the ramifications of such items ... weather original or not, it's not from an original RC machine and therefore should not be allowed out there on the market...
Just thoughts. darn

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 08:33:06 pm »

see if we can get this guy on the phone and explain to him the ramifications of such items ...

Wish we could have done this BEFORE someone spent $10K tooling this stamping equipment~

Hmmmm.... wonder what's stopping them from directly stamping a generic door?  glare

Serial numbers would be visible and usefull on the un-restored RC 81's, but this new wave of fakes will be restored and have a brand new stamped I.D. tag.  Buyer beware!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:23:03 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 08:43:57 pm »

Ok, I just emailed him to see if I could get his phone number and name. I'll let everyone know what happens. I won't phone him until we all agree on what will be the best things to say. (Points). There are alot of  censored censored censored things I'll like to say. I bet he does not email me back with his name or number.  veryangry

Anderson
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 09:12:52 pm »

I have learned from 47 years of living that sometimes I jump the gun and assume things - just to find out that I am wrong and feel like an idiot.

Could it be that this guy told Ginger he had two more in an attempt to scam her (outside of eBay) out of her money (being overseas)?

I think everybody should wait and see whether another pops up (or repops up).

While I am certainly as outraged as everyone else that somebody might have forged these RC embossings - let us give him the benefit of the doubt - innocent until proven guilty!

How many RC110's were made? Was it the same size embossing? Could a carry cooler be the same size embossing?

Before we go at this guy with guns blazing, lets see if we can get an explanation.

Another option is to contact eBay - they are against copyright infringement and, if they knew the value of the items affected, might take action against him. While this will not eliminate all his avenues for sale - it will take away a prominant one.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 09:20:25 pm »

I will have an RC 81 in the next week or 2 I will be reassembling for a friend of mine.  I should be able to get any measurements that would be needed. 

I looked at that auction and noticed it was only listed for about 2 hours.  Whoever bought it sure knew what they were getting into.

Does anyone think it will be possible to get any serial numbers from RC or maybe Vendo?

Marvin
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 09:53:24 pm »

Could it be that this guy told Ginger he had two more in an attempt to scam her (outside of eBay) out of her money (being overseas)?

He carries a very posative e-bay feedback selling gold nuggets............... upside

Glen
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »

What happened to the original dies?
In the gas hobby Ron Scobie makes the glass jar lids from original tooling.  Does that make them reproduction? 
I am by no means saying making them is OK, just looking at the other side of the story.  unless we hear from the seller we really have no way other than guessing.

Be carefull not to jump to conclusions.  I have a friend who was "drug through the mud" by some greedy power hungry people only on a hunch.

Marvin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: