SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:10:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More arcade games  (Read 9875 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 07:51:28 pm »

Sure sounds like a dead monitor. What you describe was never good. Be very carefull!! Those can zap you dead.
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 08:03:20 pm »

I hope thats all it is. I found the manual inside it today and it describes how to discharge the monitor prior to removing it. I will try swapping monitors to see if thats all it is. That would be great. I can get a monitor for about $75. That would make me only have $100 in it total. My nephew really wants this one so if I can get it going it is his. The only problem is it might not fit down their stairs so we might have to find a way to take the cabnet apart.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 08:09:04 pm »

Quote (loman4ec @ Feb. 06 2006,8:03)
I will try swapping monitors to see if thats all it is.

Are there two PCB's (one on each side)?  If so, would it be easier to swap PCB's instead of monitors?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 08:14:36 pm »

Creighton speaks rightly Josh. I would hold out for a new monitor, buying used will save you money, but it may last a day, a week, or a year, but in the long run, it's not worth it.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 09:51:32 pm »

Yeah I know. Good idea on the switching boards. However I would want to test everything lik ethe pedals, steering wheel, and shifter as well. if there is too much wrong with it I am not going to fix it. I will just throw it in ebay and try and get my $25 back out of it. If not I figure I can part out the one side that does work or If I cant get the sega turbo to work I was thinking I could possibly do an entire cabnet change on the side that does work. Each side is completly independent from the other side so it should work. I just want to give my nephew a driving game but I don't have much $$$. He is getting quite a collection. He already has the Ms pacman, tetris, and space Invaders Kate and I got him for Christmas and I think he also has every console ever made. Not too bad for a five year old. I have also given his dad a Coke machine and a Pepsi machine. I think the little guy is slightly spoiled.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 10:39:44 pm »

Lucky tike!! That little guy will have the hobby down by the time he is 7 :-) Don't think it's spoiled just giving the next generation a leg up.
Creighton
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: