SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:05:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier fe-6  (Read 3555 times)
« on: July 14, 2005, 11:20:10 am »

I have a Cavalier FE-6 which is a wet-box with a very cool "waterfall" feature, created by the circulator motor lifting the water over the cooling coils and out through an opening in the stainless steel shroud.

However, the waterfall is no longer working properly. The circulator motor seems to be working fine, but I think the problem may be related to corrosion on the screw and base plate at the bottom of the impeller shaft, so that it doesn't spin fast enough. Any ideas how I can replace those parts? Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:38:15 pm »

Hello mpn237,
Welcome to the board. You could try cleaning the corrosion of with a wire wheel on a drill and see if that helps. There have been a few posts on these type of machines. Just use the search button. I believe Graingers have some parts. Others here know more.
Creighton
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:15:31 am »

You can get the whole shebang (motor and all) from The Soda Jerk Works and maybe Funtronics.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 04:30:56 pm »

Well, I have an update to this problem.

I found a machinist who replaced the corroded set screw and base with a nice smooth stainless steel set.

However, it still doesn't work. The circulator motor cuts out after running for about ten minutes. Even when it is running, it doesn't seem to be spinning fast enough to create the waterfall.

I would appreciate if any one can tell me what the HP and RPM that circulator motor is and where I can find a replacement?

Thanks very much for any help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: