SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:22:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stand tough england!!  (Read 9829 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: July 07, 2005, 09:03:04 pm »

Dave,
I already sent you a PM but wanted to make a public call on behalf of myself and, I'm sure, the rest of the forum to say we grieve with you, share your anger, and stand by you!  Let us know if there's anything that we can do.

God's Blessings on you and your nation!

By the way, congrats on the Olympic bid too!

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 10:48:27 pm »

Dave,
  May God bless you guy's over there in England. When I seen the news this morning it brought back the frustration of 9-11.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 11:08:04 pm »

Yeah Dave, my heart goes out to everyone in England on this day. It makes me so angry that innocent people have to suffer or die. I already text messaged all of my old Brit friends over there to make sure they are fine.
Please know that we are all greatly saddened.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 03:25:57 am »

Hello Everyone

I'm sitting at work at 0900 on Friday typing this with that feeling of what is going to happen next. I am a serving London Police Officer and yesterday we spent the whole day and most of the night on reserve waiting to be deployed. That is so frustrating... You want to get into the thick of it but all you can do is look on. All police leave has been cancelled and yesterday all that could be heard was emergency sirens.

I have been a Police Officer for 20 yrs and have firsthand experience of two Bombing campaigns by the IRA. This, however, is something totally new and to be honest almost unstopable. How do you deal with a person who sees glory in killing themselves along with as many innocent individuals as possible.

Current figures show that at least 40 people have lost their lives in five seperate bomb attacks on the transport links. One bus and four tube stations. There are many many others seriously injured and over the next few days I am sure the true number of deaths and injures will start to seep out.

The Train line they hit was one that I use on a weekly bais and that brings it home too.

Thanks for your concerns our countries have so much in common.

Dave
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 05:39:57 am »

Dave,

May God bless you and your nation, especially at this horrid time.  God will prevail and justice on the people will come, either in this life or the next.

Ironically, my wife and I were talking how much we'd like to visit London and the rest of the UK (I've been "across the pond" to your place a few times, while she has not).  This incident doesn't change a thing.  The respect and admiration for your nation truly overshadows any cowardly act of terrorism.  The UK has always stared straight in the face of trouble and has never blinked.  The courage, strength, and dignity of the British people have never faltered and NEVER will.

God bless,

Wayne

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 05:49:29 am »

Wayne,
  You should be a professional orater.  I don't think anyone could have spoken more truthfully or eloquently.  God Bless the U.K.!!

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 10:15:19 am »

Hello

Stand & fight these basta---s.  We stand united with England in this fight & like President Bush said we will stay the course!!!   No running!!  

We will get them.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 10:23:44 am »

All terrorists are is cowards.  They have to strike when no one is looking and then take credit from hiding.  If they want to fight, come out and fight, but to attack civilians like that...there is no excuse.

Our thoughts are with you.

vendobaldtops
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:06:08 am »

Dave,
You and your country must know that it works boths ways:  You were with us 4 years ago and still are...
Now we are here for you: Great Britain has no greater ally than the United States.  Rest assured that this small forum board,with its encouraging and uplifting words and concern over the past days, reflects the sentiments of our entire nation.  God Bless.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 07:34:34 pm »

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all of England

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: