SMC Discussion Areas
July 05, 2024, 08:42:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone say a prayer...  (Read 7434 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« on: December 14, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »

I'd like to offer condolences to any and all people affected by today's tragedy in Connecticutt.
As a father of two boys, I cannot fathom what the parents of those children killed must be going through! I hope they find peace!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:49:29 pm »

I have 2 of my own and I held them extra tight tonight!

I don't understand what is happening to this world!! 
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:00:54 am »

God bless those children  and those parents    down  that just hit that spot where it brought tears to my eye's .

BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:26:26 am »

This is on one of the saddest and most unbelievable things I have ever heard.  Prayers to all those families affected by this tragedy.  I have 4 boys, two still in elementary school and a wife who teaches at that same school.  That something like this could even happen, sends a chill down my spine and brings a tear to my eye. 

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
SLIDER
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 01:24:43 am »

This is just PURE evil...........Cannot begin to understand how these parents must feel??
I also have two little girls, and hugged them extra tight tonight.
just a sickening feeling all night about this............

S & S 700 Royal Crown Chest
 Ideal 55 slider 7 Up
Silver King Hot nut vendor
Tokheim 39 "highboy" GULF NO-NOX gas pump
Watling penny Scale
 Popcorn sez machine
 Du Grainer candy bar & Gum Machine
 Wurlitzer 1400 Jukebox and wall box
 Exhibit Mystery PinBall
 Bally Gayetey Bingo
National
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 09:03:51 am »

I don't understand what is happening to this world!!  

My wife and I were talking about his last night.  She is a former school administrator and Kindergarten teacher.  Our thoughts were that over the past few decades there has been a fundamental decline in the Judeo-Christian principles on which this country was defined.  We all need to keep praying for that whole community and our nation.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:18:28 am by 90grad » Logged

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 09:58:02 am »

I teach in an elementary school and first heard about this during lunch yesterday, around 1:00.  Truly shocking. It's tragic.
People are stressed by these events. We find them tragic and upsetting, as we should. If there should ever come a day when we are not shocked by such events, then we will know that humanity is lost.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 10:30:52 am »

Say a prayer for the children we all lost.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:48:18 pm by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 10:45:39 am »

Columbine, Va Tech,  Arizona, Aurora Colorado. When  does it stop?

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »

What is wrong with this world, I ask is this the beginning of the end? down

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:12:28 pm by Blind1968 » Logged

~ Bryan
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:53 pm »

I say ban sticks and rocks too. Oh, ban cheese burgers... kills by heart attack.
Cars... gotta ban cars. Drunk drivers might get behind the wheel and kill people.
Ban the sun. Gives people skin cancer, kills people.

Anyone who believes banning guns, will solve the issue, is an idiot. People kill people, not guns.
It's a cultural problem. Broken homes, violent videos on the net, video games, etc... that's the
problem. When I was in HS, and you might be shocked at this, we had GUNS in the gun racks of
our trucks, ON SCHOOL PROPERTY! If there was an issue, we NEVER thought about going to the
parking lot, getting our rifle, and shooting up the school. We "scrapped", worked it out, and went for
a burger and fries after school. It was the "culture".

You Communist Democrats, who think guns need to be banned..... you need to move to Russia or China. See how
that works out for you. The only reason... THE ONLY REASON, we live in a democratic society, or have
NEVER been invaded by another Country... is because we have the largest, "standing army" in the
World.... the AMERICAN SPORTSMAN!

I pray for the families and victims... and how dare, anyone use this, as a platform for a "gun contol" agenda.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:11:51 pm by Jim » Logged

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:34 pm »

oh, and BTW.... you DON'T need damn a gun....

http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsbre8bd065-20121213,0,5592318.story
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:28:31 pm by globalcompressors » Logged

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:32:42 pm »

This act was so unusally hateful, it certainly shook up most of the inmates on death row.
       Eric, I know exactly how you feel, I have been a gun owner since I was a teenager and have always stood up for my rights and the NRA and I still do. But this tragedy changed my views about gun control vs government control. After 9/11 we all hated being searched at the airport. Now a decade later we still don't like it but it does give us all peace of mind.
      I believe everybody should be allowed to own a gun. A program could be implemented where purchasing 2 or more would require an applicant/family to pass a psycological test as well as a criminal background check. Honest upfront citizens should not look at this as invasion of privacy anymore.
      Ammunition tracking, gun safes, semi automatic ban....... I'm now willing to listen to any new and fair ideas we as a country can come up with to protect each other.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:35:09 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 12:42:49 pm »

I just don't have any words for this senseless attack other than my heart goes out to the parents and family members of the those murdered.  down

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 01:11:42 pm »

This act was so unusally hateful, it certainly shook up most of the inmates on death row.
       Eric, I know exactly how you feel, I have been a gun owner since I was a teenager and have always stood up for my rights and the NRA and I still do. But this tragedy changed my views about gun control vs government control. After 9/11 we all hated being searched at the airport. Now a decade later we still don't like it but it does give us all peace of mind.
      I believe everybody should be allowed to own a gun. A program could be implemented where purchasing 2 or more would require an applicant/family to pass a psycological test as well as a criminal background check. Honest upfront citizens should not look at this as invasion of privacy anymore.
      Ammunition tracking, gun safes, semi automatic ban....... I'm now willing to listen to any new and fair ideas we as a country can come up with to protect each other.

you don't understand.... he went to purchase a gun on Tuesday. he was denied, due to the lack of ID and a "proper" permit.
so you know what? HE STOLE THEM FROM HIS MOTHER. I sure hope no one comes to your home, and steals your guns, to
be used in a crime spree....

I come from a long line of family in law enforcement as well as military. I have friends, on THIS board, who are active Law Enforcement.
NOT ONE, will tell you they are afraid of "law biding" citizen who own guns... PERIOD! I respect you and your opinion... but Sir,
you are wrong.

As with every shooting I can think of, this one, the one in Denver, and others... if ONE person, had a hand gun (CCL), it could
have been avoided or at the very least, minimized. You think we need to "protect" each other... that's a good place to start.
If a person carries, he/she is also assuming personal responsibility, then the question they need to ask themselves... "what am
I going to do about it?" Pretty fine line, between a "HERO and a "COWARD" if you ask me.

I'm done with this thread, before I say something I'll regret.

Again, prayers to the Families.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 01:18:56 pm »

Agreed. It would have only taken one armed person in that theater to save the majority.

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 01:35:12 pm »

Say a prayer for the children we all lost.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:47:49 pm by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 01:39:51 pm »

My prayers with all the families .i am as most very sad I did cry & I hugged my Grand baby's last night  smile
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:10:25 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 02:37:17 pm »

LT We thank you for your service.

Both of my grandfathers and 6 uncles fought for us all. Again, thanks to all.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:06:13 pm by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 03:04:07 pm »

Bonovox

Thanks >>  No Worries !!

And I would Have Given ANYTHING !!! for this Crime not to have Happened .Even My own Life To Protect Those Innocent Children .Which I want to Believe Any Normal Citizen Would Do .

It's Truly Is A Sad Day And I Too am Finished .As I hug My GrandKids Again

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pat Pixley
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 03:55:51 pm »

You  know right now this post is not about guns control  it was set up about those poor parents who lost there children and those six adults that lost there life's .  this is a horrible thing that has happened  let keep the whole gun control deal out of this for now ok.

Thank you

Pat
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

You  know right now this post is not about guns control  it was set up about those poor parents who lost there children and those six adults that lost there life's .  this is a horrible thing that has happened let keep the whole gun control deal out of this for now ok.

I concur Pat! I started this thread with a somber heart and just wanted to express my sorrow.

The fact is that this digression is disgraceful to those that are affected by this tragedy both directly, and indirectly. It is truly sad that so many children lost their lives and let us not forget the teachers that also lost their lives. There is no one life that is more important than another in this story, or any other. We should show support for all affected and let them grieve, PEACEFULLY.....Amen!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:40:55 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:55 pm »

Thirty Seven years in law enforcement and just when you think you can no longer be brought to tears by a senseless act this happens.

I have grand children the age that was murdered yesterday.  Truly a sad day for our nation and my wife and I are praying extra hard for the families for I know God's arms opened wide for those twenty beautiful children and the other victim's.  God will know where to send the shooter....

aspbear
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: