SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 03:17:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Machines in MOVIES  (Read 8696 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 01:07:12 pm »

My favorite part, of the Back to the Future Pepsi machine clip, is when Marty McFly tries to untwist the cap and then his future father grabs the bottle and uses the bottle opener.  That was a classic bit.

That same thing happened to me at my sons eigth grade grad party.  One girl asked me to help her with her drink, because it wouldn't twist off and I told her to use the opener on the machine.  She didn't have a clue what that was.  Then it dawned on me that openers were obsolete by the time she was born.  The funny part was she took the bottle and dragged the cap down across the opener.  I thought I was at a special needs party.  I showed her how it worked and then she got it in just one try.  Amazing. tounge

A lot of stuff.
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 04:28:39 pm »

I remember in two lane blacktop a guy getting cokes out of a slider machine.

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 08:17:52 pm »

I remember seeing a Cavalier 72 on the front porch of a couple of movies, I think one was a Steven Seagal movie.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
jbachman2
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 03:41:36 pm »

There a old Coke machine in Swamp Thing.  Adrienne Barbeau tries to get a Coke out of it and the kid working at the gas station tells her you have to hit the machine to make it vend.  I was to distracted by Adrienne Barbeau  to notice the model of the machine laugh

My Machines:

Ideal 55 Slider
Westinghouse WB-78-66-D
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 08:40:38 pm »

Either a Cavalier 72 Or 96 Guarding Tess  Nicolas Cage Movie .
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:03:36 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
krovel
5 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:14:10 am »

Just watched the new movie lawless. Its set in the early 1930's. Sorry i am to new to know the make and stuff but there was an old cooler chest that was sitting in the store front they owned. The type you have to fill with ice. And a glass top fuel pump, they both looked brand new.

There was all kinds of old signs all over the store they owned. Of course I tried to show my wife and she told me to quit being a dork and just watch the movie.  I thought it was cool though.

Westinghouse WB-60 (single select)
Westinghouse WB102
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:27 am »

Larry,

Yes that scene is a classic. Funny story on your end too!!! Aside from bottle openers I really like seeing the younger generation try to use an old rotary phone

Jeff

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 04:09:14 pm »

Just watched the new movie lawless. Its set in the early 1930's. Sorry i am to new to know the make and stuff but there was an old cooler chest that was sitting in the store front they owned. The type you have to fill with ice. And a glass top fuel pump, they both looked brand new.

There was all kinds of old signs all over the store they owned. Of course I tried to show my wife and she told me to quit being a dork and just watch the movie.  I thought it was cool though.

You beat me to it!! I just saw the movie and was wondering if there were really that many signs on every building back then. Seemed like every one had several signs, but there were unpainted backwoods hillbilly houses in the middle of nowhere.

Tim
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

I think I can say now, The Stoner Cookie Machine I just bought, belonged to Bruce Willis, we worked out the deal and the shipping company is on it's way. Don't know if it was in any movies but I'll ask.
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 08:07:44 am »

Now how cool is that. Got to be on the lookout for a cookie machine now. I doubt it was in Die Hard though, If it was, there would be nothing left of it!!!!!!

Jeff

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: