SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:06:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rethinking google searches...  (Read 1827 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: August 27, 2012, 05:52:39 pm »

So the other day I was looking to see if I could get Mexican Coke bottles at the local BJs wholesale, since I don't have a Costco card anymore.

After doing the search on my work laptop, I realized I had searched for "Mexican Coke BJs" censored...probably not the best search term for work, hope IT didn't pick up on it!   biggrin

MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:58 pm »

I did that once researching a short story that I was assigned in a college literature class. Go ahead, search "Big Black Good Man" without putting the author Richard Wright along with it. Lets just say it sets up an interesting conversation with the administration of the college after the search gets flagged!! I told them, hey, its your curriculum!

Tim
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »

I was a Microsoft Exchange email admin for a good part of the beginning of my IT career.

Took me a while to figure out why our web filter was blocking one of my favorite Exchange sites:  www.msexchange.org.   tounge

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: