SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 02:35:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturdays Haul ;o)  (Read 3860 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: July 08, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »

Well, I picked up the 7up 110 that was shown here by another member a few weeks back.  I know some here thought the machine had no value in it.  The way I looked at it was when (sometimes even IF) these machines come up for sale, I have to look at a few factors;
1. distance from me (shipping is not an option as I have to pay heavy duty at the border with brokerage fees etc...)
2. how fast can I make the deal and pick it up, as usually others live closer and can promise a quick pick up.  I have to ask nicely if they can hold the machine until I have time on a weekend to pick it up.
3. Price (I felt the price was fair, as parts seperated from the machine are worth more than what I paid for the entire machine)
4. With people close to me dying at a VERY young age, I've learned that life is too short, and that if I want (not need lol, cause who needs a 7up machine) then I rather just get what I find, and enjoy it, rather than waiting weeks, months and even years searching, while spending hours on the computer looking for that particular machine. (I still regret not getting a fellow members 110 7up when he had it for sale, which he offered to me first at a GREAT price)

Well, Im not rambling to justify my purchase, I just like talking machines in any form lol.  I like the machine, I think (hope) it can be brought back to it's original glory (already have the wheels in motion to have this be my 2nd restored machine, the Victor bar being first)

So, here's the machine! lol
Let me know what you all think (the shelfs are missing) and it still cools (according to him, no reason to doubt him either.)
He was a GREAT guy to deal with, and I hope to deal with him again!!

P.S. Yes, I know I have an addiction lol, but if you're reading this till the end, then you too are addicted to these machines lol  happydrinkers
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:38:58 pm by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Scopicdrive

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 03:57:12 pm »

That's a great looking machine to me.  Congrats on you new purchase.  I look forward to seeing pictures of it when you get it finished.

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 04:33:14 pm »

I don't know who would say this machine has no value, YES, it has value. It's a great machine. One of my favorite machines I've ever owned was that machine restored, loved it! The problem was at the time I was living in a small home and with the machine being in my living room it looked too large for the room but it was an awesome machine. You'll love it when done. Are you going all white with it or two toning it?

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:00:36 pm »

Hey Ed, glad to see you finaly got yourself a 7up 110!  Looks like your list is realy growing !
,Johnny
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:02:11 pm by johnnyselman » Logged
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with it!! Close and the right price means buy, buy, buy!!! Good HAUL!!!  biggrin

Tim
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »

Thanks all.
On tues. I have to clean out my garage, re-organize it a bit to fit this machine in with the 2 other 110's sitting there waiting for restoration (I think Im at the stage to start my restoring rather than buying any new ones) so I will take a pic of my 110 lineup and share with you all
(110 Canada Dry, Coke and now the 7up)

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:30:42 pm »

The 7-Up looks very cool just the way it is.
Creighton
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:51:54 pm »

lol. Not sure if you're pulling my leg or are for real  glare  oops  smile

When my 5  year old first saw it today, the first thing he said to me was
"Daddy that is old and rusty... it looks like McQueens friends" If you havnt seen the movie Cars, you have NO idea what he's talking about, but to give you a quick visual, his sponsors for the races are rust buckets.

So, this machine has no choice but to be restored.

Either way, I appreciate it Creighton  happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 12:13:26 am »

My experiance with 5 yr olds is limited. Suspect their wishes may be similiar to the female of the house and if that be the case best be getting some paint on that machine :-)
If mine I'd leave it alone and spend the restoration money elsewhere. Not mine so matters not.
Looking forward to pics of your projects!!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: