SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 01:52:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How was/is the Chicago Show?  (Read 2807 times)
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« on: March 31, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »

Hi All
  It's been a long time since I've missed one of the shows. I'm dying to find out how the show was. Please chime in with your experiences. On a side note, had a friend from MD call and tell me a VMC144 Pepsi was stolen from behind his trailer.
  Tom

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:56:42 pm »

That sucks!   veryangry  There must be a powerlifting team in the Chicagoland area that is into collecting soda machines.  That is a 400lb machine--you don't just walk off with one of those!

drinking Tim drinking
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:27:10 pm »

I talked to an antique slot machine collector today who went and said it rained on Friday morning and people's machines and parts were getting soaked in the parking lot.

He said he saw lots of people and tons of soda machines, but went went home empty handed with no slot machines/parts.

Said they had a good turnout though.

Anybody get any good deals?

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »

I went on Saturday and was not impressed with anything.  The only thing that got me excited was that the lady who sold those delicious coated pecans was back.  She hasn't been around for a few years.  Other than that, nothing special.  Tom you didn't miss anything.

A lot of stuff.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:25:26 am »

Pictures would be great if anyone can share.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:12:12 am »

Hey Guys, sorry didn't post earlier, but was busy with outside stuff all weekend..

I was at the show again, haven't been to the spring show in a few years, but I'd have to say there where probable one less row of Vendors than the Fall show is all (say 15-20 vendors)..

Got in Thursday night and parked and went and had dinner with a buddy,, ( I heard a few got together , but we got in late)...

We decided to get up earlier and see if an extra 30 minutes would get is time to set up before the mobs came out, but not true.. we were in the lot at 4:30am and when the trailer door dropped open we had 30 people on us right away (which is all not that bad when your selling, but it is crazy)... We had a mix of soda related (common stuff) and my buddy had a bunch of Gas/Oil related items, pumps, lubesters, cans, signs etc...

we where really busy till around 6am and then you could hear the storm coming.. we brought two 10x10 tents and set them up quick just in time for the torrential downpours that lasted on and off for about 2 hours... by 8:30am it cleared up a bit... we even had about 5 minutes of Pea Size hail... so that was a little freaky...

overall for us, we had a good show, came with a full trailer, and left with 3 items ..  pretty typical show,, nothing rare or unheard of... I didn't take photos as they all look the same after a while... sorry...   you can look back at previous show photos and you'd see the same type of stuff..

Ran into a few members,, Brian (Seven181), Rod and Janet  from Funtronics, Neil, and a few others...

only things I got was a nice 20" Coke Glass Display bottle that I've been wanting and my Booz Barometer game I've been wanting.. ( a guy had 20 of them for sale, found in a warehouse).

It's always fun to go, and if you have never gone, I encourage you to attend at least once... Loooking forward to November!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: