SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 09:13:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V23 on American Rustoration  (Read 20241 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 11:03:36 pm »

Wayne, are you out at Aberdeen?

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 11:04:46 pm »

Aberdeen, WA? 
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 07:34:21 am »

Aberdeen, MD.  The place is called Aberdeen Proving Ground.  Specifically, my outfit is called the US Army Aberdeen Test Center (www.atc.army.mil).  We've been in existence since 1917.  The other claim to fame for Aberdeen is it's the home town of Cal Ripken, Jr.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 02:17:48 pm »

I just had a Guy call me up. He wants to sell me a V-23. Started off at $900.00 for a non-working machine and he spent a tremendous amount of time telling me about the one on American restoration. Quote " Do you realize how they're worth when restored?" And the comment I really liked was "this is the same machine they restored on American restoration, man!" Of course when I turned him down he asked me to make him an offer on a machine I really don't want. After which he presided to school me on the real value of this machine referring to recent Ebay sells of similar machines. It seemed as though he was comparing restored machines to his unrestored, non-working machine. I think I am going to go over and take a look and maybe see what I can actually get it for. I usually do well buying machines I don't really want.

He is describing a Deluxe model Vendo 23, apparently complete, but the power cord is either frayed or cut.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »

Bottom line is Rick's work sucks and he charges way too much! You gotta give your customers their monies worth!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »

I just had a Guy call me up. He wants to sell me a V-23. Started off at $900.00 for a non-working machine and he spent a tremendous amount of time telling me about the one on American restoration. Quote " Do you realize how they're worth when restored?"  Of course when I turned him down he asked me to make him an offer on a machine I really don't want. After which he presided to school me on the real value of this machine referring to recent Ebay sells of similar machines. It seemed as though he was comparing restored machines to his unrestored, non-working machine.  

That's my biggest problem...people always say "do you know what these go for on ebay?" And my reply is ....that's the "asking" price. hahaha,   
you can always ask anything you want, but will only get, what someone is willing to pay for it!

Terry...lighten up Dude!

Tell you what, go to the History Channel and get your own show. Then, we can mock and degrade your work, service and
pricing! It'll be a hoot!  biggrin

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:05:03 pm by globalcompressors » Logged

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »

I still use my v 23 because it does not run much and keeps my cokes very cold. I thought I paid too much for it 10 years ago($400) but all I had to do is rewire it and wax it , cheap on the power bill in like my c96 with a fan running all the time.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 05:44:58 pm »

$400.00. Thats what I am hoping to pay. Should I get it.

I actually like these little machines. But heck, I like almost every machine I run across.

globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 06:04:09 pm »

I think $400 bucks is a great price... if you like the machine.

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 07:24:55 pm »

The guy called me back to make sure I was actually going to come over and look at it. I am going over tomorrow. The last price was, and I quote, "I'd take $400 to $500 for...I'd take $500.00 for it now". So it might happen. i have actually always wanted to replace a Vendo 23 I let go years ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: