SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 12:21:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Xmas gift to me  (Read 5044 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: December 29, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »

Well, after getting books, gift cards and a piggy bank for Christmas,  it was time to get something for me  smile
I bought the Jacobs 26 off of ebay a few weeks back, and I emailed a guy a couple of months ago for about his first generation Vendo 39, who turns out happens to live about an hour from where the Jacobs was..... SO, I figured why not get 2 machines since Im already driving and have a Uhal rented lol.

The Vendo 39 was still available, and I was able to get him down in price a bit.  I could have gotten it for less I think if I negotiated more, but I suck at that, and I was running out of time cause I promised the Jacobs guy I would be there at a certain date.

The 39 is a GREAT machine! Even better than I thought!!  The story goes that it belonged to his church (1st owners) who had it in their basement hall.  They renovated in the early 70's and he took it off their hands.  He's had it since, and now Im the 3rd owner!  It is all original, still cools, but the lock is missing, and for some reason, the church took off the ID tag before they gave it to him, now it just has the screws to that missing ID tag.  glare

The picture of the 39 looks better than in real life, as the machine does have some wear and tear, typical scuff marks of a machine of that age.  But I wanted the 1st generation of 39's, (solid colour with ICE COLD embosssed and the 2 vent slits on the side) So thats what I now have.

AS FOR THE JACOBS...... sigh, well, it was advertised as "ALL ORIGINAL" I emailed the guy asking if it has ever been repainted (see where Im goin with this lol) he said no..... I get there, and infact the machine HAS been repainted at one point in its life, with NEW decals, and the inside painted with a brush in some spots.
The guy was a really nice guy, who had NO idea of machines in ANY way (he actually bought a company, and the machine came with the buisness (that has nothing to do with vending).  From the age of the decals, meaning the "age" of them, I would guess that this machine was restored in the early 80's or even late 70's (the decals have a natural wear on them that can only come with age)
My intention with this machine was to clean it up as nice as I could, and display it that way (like the 39) BUT I HATE to display a repainted, bad job at that, machine that I can't pass as original, nor restored!  $#(*#&$(*  I say to myself lol.

THe fact that I was 5 hrs away from home, I couldnt just say I didnt want it, that and the fact that it was a paid thing with PAYPAL blah blah blah... so I guess Im gonna hang on to it in the garage, see if another one comes up thats ORIGINAL in the area, and sell this one in hopes of gettin my $$$ back (I paid 1,000.00 for it)
THe good thing is that it's ALL THERE, the drum, the motor cover, the cap catcher etc..... and it still cools too!

So here are my new wife naggers, I mean machines that I got yesterday.
Thanks all for hearing me rant lol

happydrinkers
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:53:19 pm by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

Great Machines Ed and even at 1000 not a bad deal for the Jacobs in my opinion.

Just a Heads up for future finds.. look for overspray, like on your jacobs its' a dead giveaway of a repaint when the inside of the Cap Catcher and vending chute flap are painted all red... intstant red flag for a repaint victim... but live and learn.. we've all been there.. so dont' feel bad.

still a great machine at a good price,, you'll find your original yet and should have no problem unloading the Jacobs down the road..

Thanks for sharing..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »

Nice pickups
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 07:10:37 pm »

That 39 is far too nice for a re-paint, Jacobs looks just fine too.

Glen
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »

Nice Job !!!!!!

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:15:41 pm »

nice machines, congratulations
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 11:57:08 pm »

I like the original 39's with the embossed ICE COLD.

Vendo 81A
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 09:07:51 am »

The 39 looks amazing.  Does it work on dime?

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 09:39:00 am »

yes, it still works on a dime.... cools too!  The only thing missing from this machine is the round loading decal on the centre of the drum.
I got lucky with this one, as I only picked it up because it was close to the other pick up.  As it turns out, this one is a keeper, and the Jacobs will sit in the garage until Rick Dale needs one, then I can charge his brother 10,000 for it lol.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 10:48:05 am »

Hey,Guys

The More I thought about it The More I thought I  would add this Since the Trend is My Christmas Presents To ME

I hope I don't OFFEND anyone ? But I know Theres A few Gun Guys out there .Allthough I am Not Hard Core Collector!! I do Have a Couple that I inherited  A 1943 US Government Remington Rand 45cal (Only 7 rounds threw the Barrel That My Uncle Fired after Receiving The Gun ) And a GM Saginaw 30 cal Carbine In A Box With the Red River Ord Test Fire tag Still on the Trigger Housing .

But This Is Abought The Christmas Presents That i Bought Myself & The One The Wife Bought Before The Holiday For The Holiday

Ever Since I got Out of the Army In 1984 I wanted a AR-15 .Just like the One I fired It was  Vietnam Style Model M-16 . But i did not want to pay the Big Bucks for a A Colt Version . Well A Couple months before The Holidays I Found a Model AR-15 Made By Century Arms They Produce a AR-15  C15A1 Sport A copy Of the Same One I fired While In the Service 160th Avn Night Stalkers  ( DON'T QUIT !!) Opps Sorry  Yep The Same Group that Flew in the Seals To Kill Bin Laudon
Anyway I did Some Research And Found That The Company Century Arms Had Bought All the Colt M-16 Spare Parts And Redid the Wepons As AR-15 With all Colt Parts in the Upper Receiver Including the Heavy Barrell &Grips & Stock (Only $650) WAY Cheaper then a Colt  .Of Corse They Could Not Use the Lower Reciver  (dARN ) . So the Wife knew I wanted it So She GOT it for Me !!! Yea   I'M VERY Happy with the Performace of it I fired OVER 500 rounds thew it with NO jams .And  have only owned it 6 weeks

I also came across a John Wayne Commemorative Winchester Model 94 Cal 32-40 With the Shells But No Box Again Not Fired A couple weeks before Christmas  Merry Christmas to ME !!!!

SWEET RIFLE  tounge

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:51:01 am by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up