SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 02:42:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LaCrosse LCB ILL 64-8  (Read 5693 times)
Pman
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:43:10 pm »

Hello,

New Guy here.

I recently acquired a LaCrosse LCB ILL 64-8 locally and completed an amateur restoration (my first machine).  I am using this machine in my garage. Everything works on my machine including the coin mech (the change return motor and gear box were seized with old grease, came alive after solvent cleaning and new lube, amazing) and I believe my machine is all original.  The previous owner had the compressor professionally replaced.

I am very happy with the machine except for one thing.  It turns out that I have a Can Stack.  It is exactly the type as described in a 2006 post by JohnieG under the Topic of 7Up Lacrosse.  I have the Levers that are clipped on to the spot where the bottle roller would normally be.

JohnieG or someone else, would you be able to give me some advice on finding some nylon bottle rollers so I can convert some or all of the 8 slots to bottles?  

Also, I need some help as to how to remove the Vend Stack and how to install the nylon bottle rollers.  I really wanted a bottle machine  darn.  My machine has the glass bottle door, cap catcher and cap remover so it was obviously originally designed as a bottle machine.  As you mentioned, the levers definitely block the bottles.  Could I just leave the Kicker in place and the existing blocker bar and remove the lever and install the rollers?  The bottles don't have to load perfectly since this is just my personal garage vending machine.  Or do I have to remove the kicker and existing blocker bar.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help on this.   help

Pman
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:45:28 pm by Pman » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »

hello & welcome to the Site!

The LaCrosse 64 series is nice smaller/medium size machine ( for a LaCrosse  tounge) but if it does have the can-stack in it. then you'll have to replace the entire stack with a bottle-vending unit from a donor machine, fortunately , La Crosses are fairly common ( around the Great-lakes region anyway)...But post some pictures of your machine & the stack itself & see if we "can" sort something out.. upside

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pman
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:07:22 pm »

Me again,

A little delay here but I finally have some Pics to post.

Let me know if you need some more Pics to determine exactly what type of stack I have.

Sure seems to me that this is not a dedicated Can Stack but rather a conversation of some type but just a guess.

You can see how the bottle necks are protruding past the vend levers.  It works OK this was but you have to front load one at a time.  Is it possible to convert some or all rows to bottle by removing the Vend Levers?

Can you give me some help as how to remove the Stack Itself?  How does the linkage disconnect from the release solenoid?

Thanks JohnieG and anyone else.  Cool

Pman
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »

Yep That an original LaCrosse Can-vending stack, rare in it's own right, but you can't convert it to back to bottles unless you replace the stack with a bottle-type

Once you locate one, it's real easy to swap it out though...I saw two LC/64's float through the Detroit area's Craig's list within the last month, so they are out there.

Looks like a super clean machine! I like the smaller Lacrosse's , they make very nice home-use machines.

The shelves will work in either type, you just have to "tweak" the front guide-rail, it should be at a 90-degree angle as shown for cans, & bent over to form an inverted "V" for bottles
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:00:39 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 08:29:34 pm »

You may find someone that has a bottle stack that would want to swap you. That may be your best way to fix the problem. I know a lot of people (myself as well) that would rather have a machine that vends cans for ease of use as many of us have multiple machines and not a lot of these old machines have the ability to vend cans.
bremett
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:40 pm »

Welcome Pman. This forum is awesome. Alot of helpful people here.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:30:54 am »

Welcome to the board smile,  Love those LaCrosse 64's  I've owned 3 of them  .
Right now I have a 7Up LaCrosse that needs some work , I may be interested in doing a trade
with you, a bottle rack for a can rack smile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: