SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 06:41:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ID on 7-UP Sldier  (Read 2776 times)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:13 am »

Hi!

Looking for some help on ID of this machine. Can't seem to find it in the list. Thanks!

B.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:51 am »

Its a Cornelius. And looks to be a compact 50 but may be one of the larger sliders by Cornelius. Looks to be a little rough. The insides are plastic covered metal and are very hard to redo. It looks like the 7up logo's are just stickers. I have never seen this version of the cornelius slider with the big 7up decals. I bet it was converted from a woodgrain style maybe in the 80's. The cap catcher is missing but are easy and cheap to find. These sliders are not very valuable at all but are very functional. If you want something for the garage it is a good user machine. They also look good painted up in Beer themes or red and white Coke theme to look like its from the 50's. Here are some pics of a few I have done in the past. The bud cooler I turned into a keg Jockey Box. where the keg sits outside the box and the beer runs though a lot of copper tube to cool down. It worked good and the tubing went in the bottom and allowed it to still be full of cans and bottles inside. It worked really well as long as the keg was gone in 1 or 2 days as keg beer is not pasteurized and spoils (turns sour) if not kept cold in a day or two.  SOme of these coolers also had a nice lighted sign that really finishes off the cooler. You can see one in the coke picture below.

Also Pat has recently done one of these in Dr Pepper that turned out the be the nicest looking Cornelius cooler I have ever seen. These can usually be bought in descent working condition for $50 to $150
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:58 am »

Thanks for the reply! I am going to pass on it. It is available in Northern WI for $25 if anyone is interested, please contact me and I'll hook you up with the seller. Thanks!

B
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:20:21 am »

If that is close to you you may make some money on parts. Sometimes the rack and coin mech sell for good money. I have sold them on ebay for anything from $100 to $250 depending on how many people  need one and continue to bid it up.
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:24:40 am »

Good point!

It's a 4 hour drive to get it- I'll probably just spend the time working on what I have instead of adding to project list!

Thanks!

B
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: