SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:33:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Restoration Stoner Coffee "Hot or Cold" episode  (Read 10070 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: July 07, 2011, 12:30:00 pm »

A friend of mine asked me if I saw the American Restoration episode with the Stoner coffee machine, because he new I had one, and I told him I didn't.  So I found it on the web and watched it.  The machine came out butt ugly, but that's not what I laughed at the most. 

In the episode his kid found a Stoner coffee machine behind his school.  It was missing the insides so they decided to look at the local flea market and see if they could find any parts for it.  Boy they must crap out lucky horse shoes because they just happened to find a box, from a vendor, with all the missing parts.  WoW!!  How lucky was that. 

What a joke.  It was almost as bad as when they turned a Vendo 39 into a Cavalier 72.

A lot of stuff.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:59:29 pm »

Don't spoil it for me... It arrives over here next month...

Got storage wars running at the moment.... "Is that Dave Bidding.... Yeaaaaaaaaap"
Kapri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »

Don't spoil it for me... It arrives over here next month...

Got storage wars running at the moment.... "Is that Dave Bidding.... Yeaaaaaaaaap"

Do you know what channel Dave?
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 02:23:42 pm »

That had to be staged.... just like them going out and finding that visible gas pump and fire extinguisher for $20 (or what ever LOW price
it was) in that desert dump...

I still don't think they show enough of the restoration process... the time it takes to letter or do graphics...
They show it in as found condition, then you see them start to sandblast, then the next thing you know new signs and graphics
magically appear and its' done. He then tells them they went over quote, laughs, one of his guys does/says something stupid and staged
then it's on to the next project... Only reason I watch it is to see what is in the background He does have some nice stuff in the shop....
But I dont' think his restorations are that great... several on this site do a much better job.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:54:54 pm »

Garry Pm'd you... Its History. Starts next month..
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 03:07:35 pm »

And he got $10,000 for it. That was staged or else that man has more money than sense.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »

I agree.  They worry too much on filler, no matter how staged or fake, and not enough on the actual restoration.  I guess without a storyline, the show would only be interesting.

I also agree that ten grand for that tacky restoration was definately a scam.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »

It's all staged, I just sold 2 VMC 27's to the show producers to use for an upcoming show..

It was funny, the guy contacted me, asked a few questions, and we struck a deal, I asked where to ship them and he said Las Vegas, I jokingly asked "are they going to Ricks Restoration" and he said, "well actually yes, do you watch the show".

he and I then struck up a conversation, and I asked about the show, content, etc.. and he basically said, yes they are in the need of machines to restore for upcoming shows as they are not getting many takers on people sending their stuff to Rick. 

so when you see a show with two VMC 27's miraculously turning into one, or better yet, maybe he'll turn one into a Vendo Decapper? who knows...  but the VMC 27's are mine! (I'm almost Famous)

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 05:13:13 pm »

What kind of deal did you strike?  If I remember correctly they wanted you to pay for the shipping, airfare, over priced restoration, shipping, and airfare again.  Such a deal (use a jewish accent). Oo

A lot of stuff.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 05:52:58 pm »

You should have spray painted your name on the machines smile

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke