SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:36:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest Member of the Seeburg Club  (Read 9466 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:06 am »

Got an enthusiastic "Go for it!" So I did. Details soon. Thanks Kilroy for all the free advice and help!

Tim
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 11:15:55 am »

Congrats again Tim, you made a great score.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 11:19:00 am »

Well sound good so we are all going to your place for the lunch in  biggrin.
Well Kilroy is the man on the jukes and the plus ishe only adrive away if you need help. smile
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 11:32:37 am »

Congrats'    drinking

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »

"And now, the rest of the story!"

I have always wanted a jukebox but I had been able to fend off that bug and concentrate on other items, that is until Rod showed off the juke that he picked up at the Chicago show!  wow Thanks Rod!

Anyway, I started poking around looking at machines on CL and E-Bay; but knowing nothing about them, I enlisted Kilroy to give me a little direction on models, values, parts availability etc . . . . He pointed me to a pinballrebel.com which has a great directory of all of the models with pictures and I quickly decided that I liked the Seeburg "Tail-light models"--KD 200, KS 200, 161 or 201.  As Kilroy pointed out, so do a lot of other people, his exact words were "Not quite an RC 81 but more like a 7Up 81!" oops

I have been searching and searching and coming up empty, down considering other models, almost compromised and bought something else; but, Kilroy told me to be patient that one would come along.  Well yesterday it did and today I am picking it up.  As noted earlier, my wife gave it an enthusiastic "Go for it!  That will be fun to have in the basement gameroom!"  happydrinkers Just checked it out and my son and I will be heading out with the truck to pick it up in the next hour.  More pictures to follow but here is a preview shot!

Thanks again Kilroy for all of the help in the past and all that I will need in the future!

drinking Tim drinking

PS:  Kilroy is also a good marriage counselor--he has instructed me to make sure that I buy my wife's favorite song and get in playing on the jukebox!  He also assured me that this machine will go for $5,000 or $6,000 once it has been restored!  biggrin Cool laugh

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:09:59 pm by mznb1u » Logged
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 12:51:09 pm »

Nice juke. Congrats!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 01:37:06 pm »

nice juke! I love those models as well. My dad restored jukes as I was growing up and I always loved the 161 and 201. We had a 201 in our basement for a long time until it was replaced by a 222 which is a cool juke but no where near as classy as the tail fin models. Good choice!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 01:37:25 pm »

That's pretty nice. I like the large glass front. I have a newer CD Fireball juke. My in-laws have a Seeburg, but it's not as nice of a style as the one you have. They have talked about getting rid of it. I'm going to look at that website you mentioned and see if I can figure out which one it is.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 01:58:29 pm »

Very nice, congrats!!
Creighton
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 03:57:59 pm »

I have a R100 that I am proud of. Really like the KD200 and the KS200 with the rotating drum
title strips. I also would love to have an AMI Continental with the dome covered turnatble and the
curved title strip display on top. Very space age looking. Seems like the 57-58 era was THE era
what with the tail fins all around (on jukes and cars, that is).
Terry
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: