SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 11:19:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Projects  (Read 5659 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:40:26 pm »

So Here we are in august and some of us are melting away (Check local weather ) out in this heat
or doing those vacations.
So what summer project are you working on  from a remodel to your kids pedel car smile
myself  working on a Vendo56 Sq top  and made a mistake last night and bought a shed kit upside.
Picture tomorrow of the 56 the shed kit comes in two weeks (going to see my Daughters placein chicago)

So what are you working on
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:51 pm »

Just had a driveway poared, they dug a little too deep, filled it with 3-5 clean rock then poared, the basement then leaked so to try and correct that...they came out and dug a drain tile around the new driveway, hit the neighbors gas line... NIGHT MARE! I have done nothing... this funstuff has been on hold since all this started
a month back... Up next is a deck... this I will do with brothers and dad.... pretty sure I won't hit the gas line...
Funds will be low in Chicago those “professionals” drained me... down

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:40 pm »

Just sold the unrestored Westinghouse Standard, I have been using it as a rolling table while I rebuilt the 350 engine for the Nova!  It went to a good home, so that's always satisfying.

Spent the last couple of months slowly rebuilding the engine on my '65 Nova, it had a bad valve, so it got rebuilt heads, a new carb, and some paint.  I pulled the intake and a bunch of other parts off, cleaned them up and gave a few coats of engine enamel.  Put it all back together in the sun in the driveway, all while it was a heat index of 105-107.  Can't say it was easy, but when you're motivated, can't let that stuff get in the way.  Just had to drink lots of water instead of the other 'work juice'. drinking

Before and after:

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:04 pm »

I picked up a Victor C-45 thanks to Josh for locating it and Brian for delivering it.  Got the garage mostly cleaned out after the Victor arrived so there was a place for it.

Mostly, I have been walking this Summer to get ready for the Michigan Breast Cancer 3-Day 60 mile Walk.  My son and I will be starting the journey this Friday morning at 6:30AM EST!  Please pray for good weather.  No rain anyway because wet shoes pretty much guarantees blisters.  Sunny and 75 degrees with winds out of the West/Southwest at 5-10 mph would be great!

I will post a picture of us tomorrow after we get out hair pinked out!

drinking Tim drinking
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:08:40 pm »

I dug into my pepsi machine to fix the rust in the bottom of the liner. Real fun project but took a lot longer than I thought it would. Turned out I needed to replace the insulation too and fix rust on the machine body under the liner because it had rusted through. But it is nice looking inside and only needs a new thermostat and it will be good to go. One good thing was that during taking it appart I discovered a matchbook from the gas station the machine was origionally put at and I also found out what year the machine was built in. The two major questions I had about the machines history were answered the first day. I also re did some old drive-in speakers. Got new cords and speakers from the manufacturer and bought a junction box from another drive-in. Just need a stand and some speaker housing screws and I will be good to go with those too.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:22:58 pm »

Getting tree branches out of the yard from the previous owner. Pat, you don't want any wind blowing when assembling that shed.
Creighton
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 11:37:08 pm »

Pat, you don't want any wind blowing when assembling that shed.

No kidding!! I (with a little help from a friend) put together an Arrow shed from Sears about 5 yrs. ago. That thin metal panelling will slice you up quicker than a meat slicer.

I got many projects going all the time - currently...a WB-60 in a DP theme coming along. It is painted and waiting on decals, clear coat and final assembly; a CigarOmat (half done) waiting in the wings (long story); gotta shelve a closet, wallpaper a laundry room. Sometime this fall/winter, the wife has informed me we need new flooring throughout the older half of the house and I agree. I am sure other things will pop up.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 05:38:56 am »

I am putting together my Vendo 110.  I was talking to Janet from Funtonics a week or so ago and she said when Rod was working on a 110 recently, she never heard him so frustrated.  I can now understand why.  What a pain!  From the wood rails to the myriad of screws, that thing is "interesting."  But, it's coming along.  I put on the hinges last night and managed to break off a wood screw.  Don't know how or if I'll be able to get it out.  It may have to be cosmetically camoflaged.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 05:45:11 am »

Housewarming is 4 weeks away, so trying to complete my Seeburg G to have it as the entertainment.
A Wurly 1015 and 2304, Rockola 1422 and a Seeburg G and C are still in the queue. Oh, also waiting is a Vendo 81D, a Vendo Jr and two sliders.  And boxes still to unpack,  gawdawful wallpaper to take down, and a 1961 called asking for their kitchen back.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
randy

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:01:45 am »

Finish my Gilbarco 996 gas pump.

randy
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:38:05 am »

As long as we are listing "my wife informed me" glare projects, I was recently informed that we will be finishing the basement in time for our son's graduation party!  That gives me about 10 or so months!  I may have just about enough time! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 12:43:27 pm »

Just finishing up our move from Del Rio, TX to Clovis, NM and now have to unpack everything!  At least at this house I have a nice 20' x 25' workshop to do all my projects in!  Hope to finish up the Vendo 39 to get it in the house and work on my Westy Standard that I just got the Vendo top for.  It arrived safe and sound, and doesn't seem to be missing anything so far.  A nickel just goes through the mech, but I haven't popped the top to see what's up.  It has the coin box key, but not the key to the two locks on top (P505, if anyone has an extra).  I'll post pictures when I get the chance, and I find the camera!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 04:46:48 pm »

Mine Was New 24ft Round Pool To fill up the Back Yard & Grand Kids .Now It Only Take 10 minutes to mow my backyard LOL  laugh

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: